Sign in to follow this  

Rear Shock Question?

Race Techs site says that for my 160 lbs I need a 5.2 rate rear shock, and the stock is 5.5. Is that close enough cause I have the stock one. Right now it has a mod suspension set for a 200 + guy that I bought it from. Its also set up for Baja racing front and rear. I am a hill climber trail rider. I don't have a clue about suspension. From what I understand I live close to some expert shops being in Riverside County, CA. Any help would be great if I can do it myself. :thumbsup:

From what I know, the stock spring rate is correct, or close for you. I am 200 lbs and just went up to the 5.7.

I think the book says 170 lbs is what all the stock settings are for. That is only about 10 to 15 lbs more than me. I honestly hover between 153 to 158 I am going to be accurate here. I tried to adjust the sag with the current spring and I can not even get 2 inches with most my gear on. And I think its supposed to be around 3.9 or 100 mm.

I think the book says 170 lbs is what all the stock settings are for. That is only about 10 to 15 lbs more than me. I honestly hover between 153 to 158 I am going to be accurate here. I tried to adjust the sag with the current spring and I can not even get 2 inches with most my gear on. And I think its supposed to be around 3.9 or 100 mm.

Try the stock spring for proper sag setting, and that will tell you.

Try the stock spring for proper sag setting, and that will tell you.

Thanks Krannie. Will do.