Sign in to follow this  

turning help

can someone help me when cornering? just got my first real "race bike" and every corner i took i was setting the highmark on every berm was I just coming in to hot? also moto boots? tried a pair on in a store and they were very stiff,might aswell been wearing cement boots! do they get better from riding and walking in them?

u should use ur brakes a little bit b4 u get to the corner then slide around and pin it and for as the boots u have to break them in..after 2 or 3 rides they should get loser

First of go into the turn at a comfortable controlable speed. Once at the beginning of the turn keep pressure on the outside foot peg along with extending the opposite leg for balance. Along with this you always need to look where your going (DONT LOOK DOWN!) aim for the middle of the turn. Once reaching the middle of the turn aim for the exit of the turn. Remember to keep pressure on the outside foot peg and be smooth on the gas, you want to get as much traction as possible coming out of the turn. Remember unless your planning on squaring off the turn you should always have your braking and down shifting done before entering the turn. This will then control the speed in which you roll into the turn. Locking the rear brakes and sliding around the turn is only good if your squaring the turn off or need a sudden change in line choice.

Hope this helps!

P.S: Yes the boots will break in while riding but i suggest wearing them around the house before you ride with them. Breaking boots in on a race day is just foolish. I just bought new tech 10's for the new season and trust me I've been walking around in them. The last thing I need is to be doing practice motos and not being able to feel the shifter or what gear im in because I didn't break them in prior.

can someone help me when cornering? just got my first real "race bike" and every corner i took i was setting the highmark on every berm was I just coming in to hot? also moto boots? tried a pair on in a store and they were very stiff,might aswell been wearing cement boots! do they get better from riding and walking in them?

Where are you riding at? Inquiring eskimos what to know.:thumbsup:

see your in michigan theres a local track right off of i275 at the westland canton exit(my neighborhood) behind emagine theaters. i also have my own track in northern,mi. where abouts are you^^???

Fowlerville. Judging by your post it sounded like you were riding right now so it had me wondering if you found an indoor oasis to ride at. As far as I can tell there is nothing indoors to ride in MIchigan anymore....:thumbsup:

Is that track in Canton open to the public? If so what is the the name of the track?

in kno way is it a public track lol its just a random backwoods track and isn't for the faint of heart 2 ft deep whoops. if u look at it on google you'll see i'll see if i can get a airial shot of it for u theres also so trails to ride on no fun if it just rained.

heres the pic the black is a side street off of ford road rmeber this is the ikea exit( its my exit i should kno the number lol) the red is a trail 2 the track threw the woods

track.png

ugh....its 2 small i know sorry

what about the po-po? ever get chased away? We used to do that kinda free riding when I was a kid and sometimes it wasn't so free when you were handed a ticket for trespassing and/or noise. lol

been there a couple times never had a problems cuz its all commercial over there but theres a mcdonalds down the street and u can here when ppl are back there. actually went back to that scramble area and didn't think much of it (on mtn bikes) went down tht trail got tired and months later went back and shat bricks when we realized how stupid we were to leave and found that random track and got to break my bike in back there actually