Sign in to follow this  

Advice Needed - Parting Out 2003 YZ250F

I have a 2003 YZ250F with a blown motor that I need to sell or part out. Can anyone tell me what is the better approach? I am in Hawaii, so shipping will be an added expense if I part it out on Ebay.

Also, what it this bike worth whole with the bad motor? I don't know the cause of the engine seizure, but I can tell you that the connecting rod is sticking through the bottom of the case and the carbon fiber skid plate. The bike has all black plastics as well as the original blue, excel gold rims, and an FMF silencer.

Thanks,

Pat

P1040776.jpg

Hey Pat, since it's in Hawaii, I think you'd be selling the parts to locals, so check the local dealers/shops and tracks for a post board wanting parts. Check Craig's List out there too. Sam, you'll pay a boatload for shipping man!!

That bike with a blown motor is only worth between 250 and 500 bucks. I would part it out. The rims alone would fetch 250.

Thanks for the replies. I have the bike on Craigslist whole here on Maui right now, but it sounds like I need to put in the effort to part it out. What are the usual items of interest/value I should be thinking about and is there a good resource to know what fair market value for individual parts is?

I'll be flying back to California in a week and can bring smaller parts with me for a lot less than shipping, I think... The airlines are getting pretty stiff with the baggage fees these days.

Things to part out is rear shock, front forks, swingarm, wheels hub assembelys. seat, subframe, transmission, air box and the frame. The parts like plactics arent a great thing to make money on. Try to sell things in sets. Such as complete gear set, both forks, swingarm and linkages.

hey guys, my post is definately not gonna do any good just have one question, IM from Guatemala not guinea, and Im trying to buy my first bike, butIm looking for a fixer upper just like your bike with like a blown engine, where can I find bikes like thes that are like in miami?? I know strange question but I really wanna know.