Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

06 RM125 cant shifter to move after bottom end rebuild

My sister Just bought a 06 RM125 anyways as soon as she bought it I decided to get off my 450 and ride the 125 then the rod berring went out. So I tore it down replaced the entire bottom end with the wiesco kit the cases are back together but now im having troubble with the shifter it shifts fine if I do it before the pawls are in place but once I assemble everything it freezes up. What am i doing wrong? I dont have a owners manual but looking at the O.E. parts finder online everything seems to be in the right place. I dont know now any help would be appricated

Sounds like you've got something jaming up the shift drum. It's possible that you may have installed a washer where one is not needed, like in the end where the shift drum goes into a blind hole, opposite of the shift cam. It's also possible that you are trying to install a shift fork in the wrong posistion.

Keep working the problem, you are smart enough to get it this far. But push comes to shove, a quick dealership visit might be worth your sanity.

Hey, did you by any chance disassemble everything in the clutch side crankcase half? cuz if u did u must have installed th shift drum mechanism wrong the weird spikey thingamajig thats under the clutch basket you should check that cuz it is kinda hard to install different washers in the transmission you should check that before

Hey, did you by any chance disassemble everything in the clutch side crankcase half? cuz if u did u must have installed th shift drum mechanism wrong the weird spikey thingamajig thats under the clutch basket you should check that cuz it is kinda hard to install different washers in the transmission you should check that before

Yeah thats the thing thats giving me the hedache if I take that out and put a 12mm socket on where it goes the tranny shifts smooth the part that is giving me the headache is the spike thing that connects to the shift shaft it works untill I screw the plate down that holds it in

Are you sure its not operating properly? I was having the same issue and couldnt get it to shift all the time with my hand after rebuils, but I KNEW i put it together right, after taking it apart and putting it together 3 times with no change. So I put the engine back in bolted everything up, started it, and it shifts just fine with no problems when in its actual state.