1999 YZ250 Restoration

Well because funds are tight this year, and will be for some time, i decided to redo my bike. Nothing internal (it was rebuilt last year and only has 10 hours on it) All cosmetic

New Acerbis Plastics

New FLU graphics

New Swingarm Bearings

New Linkage Bearings

New Shock Bearings

New Engine Ice Coolant

New Grips

New silencer packing

Semi-New Michelins

Powdercoated frame and subframe

And a thorough cleaning

Its 99% done, here are some pics check it out. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

100_0491.jpg

100_0490.jpg

100_0542.jpg

100_0545.jpg

100_0548.jpg

100_0555.jpg

100_0595_a.jpg

Edited by deelong4002

Thanks!!. I think the modern style graphics really made it look like a whole new bike. I've tried a few different brands of graphics, and i have to say for what you pay, FLU is by far the best bang for your buck. For $120 you get twice as many graphics as any other kit, and a seat cover.

Well because funds are tight this year, and will be for some time, i decided to redo my bike. Nothing internal (it was rebuilt last year and only has 10 hours on it) All cosmetic

New Acerbis Plastics

New FLU graphics

New Swingarm Bearings

New Linkage Bearings

New Shock Bearings

Semi-New Michelins

Powdercoated frame and subframe

And a thorough cleaning

Its 99% done, here are some pics check it out. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

100_0491.jpg

100_0490.jpg

100_0542.jpg

100_0545.jpg

100_0548.jpg

100_0555.jpg

100_0595_a.jpg

Wow, nice job:thumbsup:Looks great.

MAX!!!

I agree with the FLU graphics. I went with them on my 426 because they're one of the few companies that makes a decent looking set of graphics that still fit that generation of bikes.

That's one amazing looking YZ!

I've been tempted to do the same to mine, but I'm taking the other route. Mechanically, my bike is like new with all new bearings, and a completely rebuilt engine (top & bottom end) and a rebuilt transmission, all done last summer. The plastics are worn and the frame paint is worn from boot rub, but I'm going to leave it, at least for this year.

I rebuilt my topend last year. The bottom was fine. I'm thinking about changing out the clutch. It doesnt slip at all, but ive had it since 2006 and i've never changed the clutch, and i dont know if the previous owner ever did. Other than that, all the wheel bearings were changed last year, and the stem bearings were fine, i just greased them.

Read that Sticky on here about lubing your linkage. I never lubed them (stupid i know) and they were completely shot. The backend feels so much smoother now that all the bearings are new.

Also going to change my fork oil here shortly, just havent gotten around to it. The seals dont leak at all, so i dont see any reason to replace them. There is no play in the cylinders at all.