Sign in to follow this  

starting a 450 with my hand

just got my bike all dialed in .head job ,cam and jetting and piston has about 10 hours.well my bike seemed easy to start so after it was warmed up i reached over the seat with my hand and grabded the kick starter slammed it down and it started .first im no super buff or big guy about 190 average build .

is this normal or the sign of a well tuned bike or a problem ?

Its called a well tuned HONDA! LOL. I dont think I would worry!

I wouldn't push my like by trying it again---it'll break your wrist......I'm just sayin....

r the valves tight?

i mean my bike starts easy but cant do it with my hand or dare to

hell it hurts my foot starting it with regular shoes on

Edited by mattmoto441

start it with your hand, WOW!!

it takes me all my might just to get it to roll over once, and I also just rebuilt my engine. it shouldnt be that easy, I think sometimes is wrong with yours unfortunately, or you have superhuman strength!!

it takes me all my might just to get it to roll over once, and I also just rebuilt my engine. it shouldnt be that easy, I think sometimes is wrong with yours unfortunately, or you have superhuman strength!!

i agree!

Yeah my 450 is still pretty fresh And it starts first kick and everything but it hurts if you kick it over with out boots on.. Somethings up..

Thats funny every 450 i have started from my 04 crf to an 08 yz and 09 kx will all start easily with a fairly light kick. Its not like a xr600 or anything. Automatic decompression release etc. Sitting down with just a nice follow through kick will fire them all up when hot. I dont see why it would be so tough to kick over unless you decompression setting is wrong?

I think something is wrong with yours I can start mine with my hand. Check your jetting or your decompression:thumbsup:

I can start my 04 CRF450 with my hand no worries. Always have been able to. My 250 I could turn over but not start.