Sign in to follow this  

Throttle sticking

Gidday all,

I just bought a 09 YZ 250 new and the throttle is sticking on, i've pulled everything apart and found nothing wrong, the throttle feels fine but about 5 minutes into a ride it sticks then is fine for awhile then sticks again, its got me baffled....anyone had this happen before ?

Cheers

Start by lubing the throttel cable and the throttle tube. If it still sticks, replace the throttle cable. If it still sticks, replace the throttle tube w/ an aluminum throttle tube w/ bearings. If it's still sticking then I don' know, oh, maybe check the slide in the carb before you buy any of the above parts.

MAX!!!

Thanks Guys...I have tried all that and no luck......Will have to send back to dealer

I've had a problem with a sticky throttle due to incorrect cable routing. I understand the bike is new, was it apart before the sticky throttle issue arose?

I've had a problem with a sticky throttle due to incorrect cable routing. I understand the bike is new, was it apart before the sticky throttle issue arose?

:thumbsup: Check the cable routing. I worked at dealships that hire anyone to put the bikes togather. They almost never get the routing right.