Sign in to follow this  

jetting 2007DRZ400SM???

3+3 mod Check

ssw/mrd Check

Dynojet kit Check. . .

now what should my main jet be? 155,160? air screw 2.5, 2.75, 3, 3.5?

and the clip on the fourth position from the top or bottom of the fuel needle? and spacers? top of clip or bottom?i dont want to do this again lol wanna get it right this time. . . I had a 155 main and the clip on the #2 slot down from the top and air screw 3.5 turns out like the stage two instructions say and bike would not run with out half choke. . . any one to set my ass straight on this please and thank you just some guide lines needed i want to be ready to ride when this white stuff is gone. . .

Somebody help this guy out! I'm doing the same mod and need to know each jet# and detail also.

Don't worry man, along with 99% of the world I think you'll agree the that carb work is basically rocket science/openheart surjery on ur bike and a big pain in the ass.

Somebody help this guy out! I'm doing the same mod and need to know each jet# and detail also.

Don't worry man, along with 99% of the world I think you'll agree the that carb work is basically rocket science/openheart surjery on ur bike and a big pain in the ass.

Ok IMO you guys got the rong jet kit. But the slots go from top to bottum.As if the needle was still in the carb. From what Eddie told me for the JD kit 4th clip down stock pilot jet and this is what really messes things up for you guys. But he said use the blue needle.21/2 turns out to start on stock fuel screw.

spacers go in same order as they were on the stock needle. washer on top of needle clip and then below clip is your spacer and then washer. So as you put it back in it should go washer spacer clip and washer.

If you don't mind spending the money. It would be for the best. Get the extended fuel screw kientech makes it at the tt store. If you buy the jd kit and fuel screw your jetting would be. 4th clip down on blue needle 160 main jet and stock pilot jet and kientech fuel screw 2 3/4 turns out. I might be spelling the name of the fuel screw wrong so just look up fuel screws in the tt store. your carb if stock is a 36mm bsr or something like that. Good luck.

if you don't get the kientech fuel mix screw then you'll need to use the 25 pilot jet. But as bidwell stated you should definitely drop the extra $15 and get the kientech fuel mix screw

If it's made of aluminum, yes. Needs to be either stainless or brass. You can make the dyno jet kit work. I've got the stage 1 in mine and it runs fine when jetted and assembled correctly.

If I were you from not on just do a little research be for you buy. I don't know anything about that fuel screw or how it works I just went with what worked for eveybody else and what was the most popular in the DRZ crowd. all you have to do is search the drz forum and you will find every thing your bike dezires. It will aslo save you money. You might want to talk to Eddie of SSW about that fuel screw.

i am learning and picking things up fast thank you all!!!!!! well i got the carb back on the bike and she runs good sounds good just havent goten her out for a road test yet this snow has got to go like now!!!! another week or two i will have a chance to road test her and let ya know how i make out. . . thanks again every one!!!!!

well to start with there are no aluminum screw for the BSR.thats good becuase they are junk.

in reference to the FCR,the are never machined correctly.they can gall and seize in the carb threads and the tip of them can brake off in the carb.