Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

08 crf450 seat compatible w/ which other years?

I have a 2008 CRF450X w/ a broken seat pan. I see plenty of 'R' model seats available, but no 'x' models. I've been told the seats aren't compatible because of the foam changes, but that may not be an issue w/ me since I've cut down my foam and want to reuse my foam and cover.

Is it true I can use any other year seat pan of the CRF450x? What about the R? What about the CRF 250X or R?

BTW, I'm no stranger to a little cutting and sanding, so if that is the case, please let me know.

Thanks in advance, stevebaum

I have a 2008 CRF450X w/ a broken seat pan. I see plenty of 'R' model seats available, but no 'x' models. I've been told the seats aren't compatible because of the foam changes, but that may not be an issue w/ me since I've cut down my foam and want to reuse my foam and cover.

Is it true I can use any other year seat pan of the CRF450x? What about the R? What about the CRF 250X or R?

BTW, I'm no stranger to a little cutting and sanding, so if that is the case, please let me know.

Thanks in advance, stevebaum

the X and R seats cannot be swapped. the geometry between the two bikes is different and one of the main differences between seats lies in the X's accomodation for the battery under its seat. i just looked at the honda microfiche and the 250x's have their own part numbers for seats and different year 450x's have different part numbers. for the 450x's, i believe that the part numbers may have changed due to the fuel tanks becoming smaller or because of the different seat covers over the years. you can also try fixing your broken seat pan with some fabrication.

:thumbsup:

Edited by IvanCRF