Sign in to follow this  

2006 What Gearing Should I use

I have a 2006 450R all stock, any ideas on what a good selection on the gearing, I just trail ride. bought the bike used have to replace the chain and sprockets. Thanks.

I have a 2006 450R all stock, any ideas on what a good selection on the gearing, I just trail ride. bought the bike used have to replace the chain and sprockets. Thanks.

Do you ride singletrack or open desert. 13/50 works well for singletrack. The stock 13/48 is good for higher speed stuff.

I went one tooth up on my 06 and I like it. I only woods ride the bike.

not much track ridding mostly trail ridding around the back forty. just wanted to know what would be best for my ridding style.

I use a fifty tooth on the rear and 13 tooth on the front for trail riding,it lets me really lug first gear.I also have a 14 tooth front that I can easily install for track days or whatever.Be careful with the chain length I'm pretty sure you need at least one extra link to run 14-50

For the most versatility use wide ratio gears + 13/53. I am surely bias but after years of frustration with the stock gearing, I love the difference it made to my bike.

Where in California are you? If SoCal near Mojave Desert, come take mine for a ride!

Im In Sacramento, well the book i got with my bike is for a 450x i don't have any clue what the stock gearing is on my 06 450R. but have done some research im going with the Ironman steel sprocket and the xring chain, im not to concerned on weight, looking for longer life, I just bought the DNA black wheels and red hubs, so im installing new rotors brakes and chain sprocket combo. I can't wait until I Get All done.:thumbsup: