Sign in to follow this  

2t mixing gas can

I have heard before of a gas can that makes it easy to mix your gas for your 2t, but I can't remember the name of it.

IIRC, the can had to lids. You pour gas in one lid, oil in the other, (to the correct amounts of course) and then shake.

What is this called.

Wouldn't that be the same as pouring the correct amount of oil in the gas and shaking it without an extra lid? Like a normal can?

Wouldn't that be the same as pouring the correct amount of oil in the gas and shaking it without an extra lid? Like a normal can?

yeah but this way you don't have to carry around an extra item, or clean it.

I think your thinking of the ratio rite. Its like a measuring cup but for premix. It has different ratios like 32:1, 40:1, 50:1, etc. For 1,2,3,4,or 5 gallons.

I use one, and its very easy. If my gas cans not completely empty (has 2 gallons still). Ill just fill up as much premix for 40:1 for 3 gallons then pour it in the gas can. Then at the pump I just watch the meter until its at 3 gallons. Then shake the gas can up so the oil mixs well, and bam! Your all done.

ratio-rite.jpg

I think your thinking of the ratio rite. Its like a measuring cup but for premix. It has different ratios like 32:1, 40:1, 50:1, etc. For 1,2,3,4,or 5 gallons.

I use one, and its very easy. If my gas cans not completely empty (has 2 gallons still). Ill just fill up as much premix for 40:1 for 3 gallons then pour it in the gas can. Then at the pump I just watch the meter until its at 3 gallons. Then shake the gas can up so the oil mixs well, and bam! Your all done.

ratio-rite.jpg

Thats what I use but I think hes looking for something attached to the gas can itself.

I use a ratio rite cup and a VP can. I found out as well the lines on the VP can are WAAAAY off. I get exactly 5 gal from the pump every time an it's about an 1 1/2" above the 5 gal line. 16 oz to 5 gal is about 40:1.

Keep a lttle bit of gas in the can so when you pour in the oil, you have some to mix in the cup and get it all out. Then when you go to the pump and fill the can, it's getting mixed.

Yeah mine comes out above the line on my vp cas can also. Sorry op I kinda skimmed throguh your post, I dont think your talking about the ratio rite my bad. But the ratio rite really does make it simple.

I like to add about 1-1/2 gallons to the oil first to really slosh and mix then add the rest of the gas. It just seems a little tough to shake 4 or 5 gallons real well all at once.

It's called an Accu-Mix and it's available from: http://www.accu-products.com/

accu-mix.jpg

It's made of pure awesome and has relegated my Ratio-Rite cup to measuring transmission oil and fork oil. It has two disadvantages:

1. It doesn't pour very well. This could be helped by a funnel or a screw-on spout from a gas jug with the same size threads.

2. It maxes out at ten pounds of fuel, or about 1.6 gallons. My dirt bike's tank holds almost 2.0 gallons, so I end up doing two mixes.

Why did I never think of leaving some gas in the can to get that little bit of oil out of the ratio rite?! Gah! That's always been my biggest complaint. Sheesh.