Sign in to follow this  

Building your own track

Ive been thinking about building my own track in the field next to my house. My dad just purchased a backhoe from my uncle and that will be the only equipment i'll use. I was just trying to get some ideas for a track. I defiantly want an SX style track with a few triples, rhythm sections, and at least one good set of whoops. Just wanting a few more ideas and how many hours do you think it would take to do? The ground is relatively flat and i was just gonna scrape the ground to get the dirt.

Also, how would you make a drainage system for it. There is a creek right beside the place im wanting to build a track. like within 50 feet.

My backyard track took about 20 hours to build using a backhoe and a bobcat on a few parts. It has 2 good size doubles, step up, step down, and some whoops but without owning a backhoe the whoops are almost impossible to maintain. It will be very hard for you to get enough dirt to make a sx style track just by scraping the ground for dirt. Maybe try to get some dumptruck loads of dirt in there.

Dunno if you want to look into hiring someone but Randy Poulter builds tracks around the nation. He has done arenacross, supercross tracks. He did Trey Canards supercross track recently

My cousin built a track at his place and to save on a ton of dirt he got some big round bales and built the dirt arount it fully and just packed it down with a trackter really good and it saves on getting a ton of dirt.

Dig a pond for your dirt. The worst thing about having your own track is you will get tired of whatever you build. After you have done the same double 500 times you will want something else.

So just build a few obsticles, ride them until you get bored and then use the dirt to make for something new.

I've rearranged the same dirt into a rhythm section, doubles, whoops, step up etc....

thanks guys, and no i dont want to hire anyone to make a track cause its just too much money for something i know i could do myself.