Sign in to follow this  

California Dove Springs: Apr 9-11 '10

Looking for anything that pops tires and works suspension... LOL

Big boy ride Saturday AM - 9AM SHARP

Last Chance, Black Rock, Spangler Hills & back. 110+ day.

Your bike needs to do 50+ between gas stops.

Max 8 riders per group for this run. 10+ we form 2 groups 30 minutes apart.

Family rides available too. A little of everything if you stay the weekend.

040910_dove_stats.gif

I posted this way too early and it got lost in the shuffle. We have enough people now but it's a great

trip for meeting new peeps... and newbies to meet our group, so...

Last Call for Dove Springs next weekend !

031107_dove_tease.gif

• Like 1

Great pictures. Just came home from DS last night. Hopefully a little of todays rain knocks down the dust for you guys. The rain missed us on Wednesday last week. Wish I could make it, Have fun!

We will be to the east of you in the spangler area starting wednesday.

Did I just read rain in the dez???? :lol::thumbsup:

I also just got back from there last night. It is very dusty already...but hey it's the desert right? It wasn't too bad and the wind blew most of it away. When we got there it looked busy and while there were lots of campers and trailers, there was almost nobody riding this past weekend. We must have rode nearly 100miles and barely saw anyone in our path. Awesome! Even the dust bowl was quiet. No crazy drunks at night either so that was a big plus.

You guys have fun!

Def was an off weekend out there except aparantely Kern Co. Sheriffs had a few extra bucks in the bank this year; On Saturday they flew this nice shiny chopper about 150' off the deck straight up the canyon with a few Dep's standing on the landers a couple of times. Is was actually cool for the kids and the fuzz seemed pretty friendly when they stopped by camp. Couple of quadtards out though Sat night. Camp next to mine had a dude destroy his leg and have to get flown out :thumbsup:, then an hour later some cat decides it is a good idea to take his wife's little Suzuki 250 quad and do some hill climbs in street clothes with out a helmet and goes ahead and pulls a wheely 10 feet from the top and flips it:bonk:. Barely missed him but it tumbled all the way down. He was ok except for his feelings but he sure wadded up that quad.

Def was an off weekend out there except aparantely Kern Co. Sheriffs had a few extra bucks in the bank this year; On Saturday they flew this nice shiny chopper about 150' off the deck straight up the canyon with a few Dep's standing on the landers a couple of times. Is was actually cool for the kids and the fuzz seemed pretty friendly when they stopped by camp. Couple of quadtards out though Sat night. Camp next to mine had a dude destroy his leg and have to get flown out :thumbsup:, then an hour later some cat decides it is a good idea to take his wife's little Suzuki 250 quad and do some hill climbs in street clothes with out a helmet and goes ahead and pulls a wheely 10 feet from the top and flips it:bonk:. Barely missed him but it tumbled all the way down. He was ok except for his feelings but he sure wadded up that quad.

Well, some of your "facts" are correct, while some are a little off. The "dude" wasn't doing hill climbs, he was trying to go help my wife who was stuck on his quad near the top of a hill. He knew he screwed up by not wearing a helmet, but he thought she was in more trouble than she actually was. As it turned out he's ALOT better on a bike than a quad, because he got to the top and looped it(that was no wheely attempt). You are correct, he felt terrible, because my 12 year old had just bought(with her money) the quad 2 weeks ago. From the way the crash looked you would have thought the quad would have been junk, but the only thing it did was knock one of the front tires off the bead and pushed the bars and levers down. My daughter was back on it the whole next day. All in all, it could have turned out alot worse. But I think a few lessons were learned. But, you are right, the kids really dug the Sheriff's chopper.

Glad everyone is OK... I was out in Freemont Valley for about 70 mile Saturday and saw no-one except for the Husky:

Now back to the topic... LOL

Stop by if you see us in Dove... or shoot us the RSVP on our site and come out for a ride Sat or Sun... or the weekend.

Saturday morning I'll be riding from Dove Springs to Spangler to play around in the Sand Hills a little and then head back. This will be around 100 miles. Gas at about 50 miles. Very quick stop in Randsburg. This is not a family style ride.

Sunday I'll be messing around through Black Rock, Red Rock, Last Chance Canyon and into the El Paso Mountains looking for trouble (legally). This will also not be a family style ride as there will be some rock crawling and steep uphills and downhills on occasion. This should be for bikes only as we might find some single track that would separate us.

Others will lead other rides to Cabins, Dove Hills, Schmidt Tunnel, Randsburg for Lunch, etc etc.

• Like 1