Sign in to follow this  

Hate to throw out a noob question but...

Looks like we got our first flat on our 04 150f. Just bought a pair of Maxxis Maxxcross IT's for both front and back. The question i have is what size sockets am i going to need for the front and/or back axles. I had to run to work and didn't have a chance to look myself but i wanted to make sure i pick up the right sized ones tomorrow along with the new torque wrench.

Any help would be great help :ride:

Also any tips to make it easier i would love to hear, and if you are wondering....yes i did download the .pdf file of the service manual :thumbsup:

I was hoping that it would have the size in there but it did not. It says how much ftlb torque it needs but that's about it sadly. Thanks for the video help Schrode

the front pinch nuts are 10, the front axle is 17

the rear axle is 17 on one side and 24(or 15/16 whichever you have) on the nut side

Those videos are the best. I watched them about a year ago and now I never pay to change my tires. I took it as a chance to change my buddies tires. They said they would rather pay me than a shop. During race season, I change quite a few now. After a few changes, you understand what he means about "if it is hard, your doing something wrong, and try changing it". Now, tire changes are a breeze. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting those! Looking forward to trying it now... instead of dreading it. :thumbsup:

I love it when you feel like an idiot for asking a question but then a few others are helped out in the process. Thank you everyone for you help and info. TT is the best :thumbsup:

P.S. thanks again for the help HeyBuddy1901, now that's twice you have helped me on my first 2 posts ever.

haha, ive taken my bike apart many many times.

i do plan to make a master bolt size list one of these days..

i do plan to make a master bolt size list one of these days..

Blahj too much work on a metric bike :thumbsup:

Isn't too hard, only a few sizes, 8, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, pretty much all you need to do anything :ride:

Blahj too much work on a metric bike :ride:

Isn't too hard, only a few sizes, 8, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, pretty much all you need to do anything :lol:

dont forget the 24mm for the oil drain, rear axle nut, and valve adjustment covers :thumbsup:

dont forget the 24mm for the oil drain, rear axle nut, and valve adjustment covers :ride:

ahh I did forget the 24, but the valve adjustment covers are only 17 or 19 ><

I'm bored, it's too cold outside, so I'm ranting! lol :thumbsup:

the 230 ones are 24, haha

and yes, its cold here (50 is cold for CA!) and its supposed to rain all week, dammit.

the 230 ones are 24, haha

and yes, its cold here (50 is cold for CA!) and its supposed to rain all week, dammit.

I havent changed my oil in a while but im pretty sure the oil drain plus isnt 24 for the 150. On mine its like 10 or 12 if I can remember right.