Sign in to follow this  

Anybody know any good engine rebuilders

I have a 2000 rm125 I brought it a while ago rode it maybe 4 hours. The gearshift leaver wont come up, I can move it by hand and get it to change gears but it wont spring back up by itself. I want to ship the engine to someone prefabally a shop and have them go thru it top to bottom and tranny. anybody got any recommendations i googled engine rebuilders but the only one I could find was eric gorr Ive got mixed reviews on that shop so Im looking for recomendations the closer to VA the better. Let me know anybody that you know phone number and name please thanks Bryan

I would get a phone book and find a reputable guy near you or get a manual and do it yourself. If you can read and understand simple math and physics then you can do it.

You can tell a could shop by the amount of people there on a Fri or Sat and how clean the the shop is.

Good luck

I would take this opertunity to learn more aboute your bike and fix it yourself, there is only a few special tools youll need and it will be way cheeper than having a shop do if for $90 an hour + parts they marked up as well:thumbsup:

you can get all your parts cheep from www.yamahaoftroy.com they are usualy the cheepest for suzuki oem parts.

tools you should have to make the job easier.

a shop manual

Case splitter

fly wheel puller

clutch holder

A acurate calliper

and a good impact gun helps

I would guess a bent shift fork or the return spring for the shift shaft is broken or bent.

just a quick guess based on the little info i have. between a manual and an exploded view of the diferant motor components, i get exploded views from Yamaha of troy's parts fiche, you should have no problems getting it fixex

Is the shifter the only problem? You can access the shift shaft and most of the spring loaded operation with a relatively small amount of work. Wouldn't even have to pull the engine out or split the cases.

I have had pro circuit, ,varner, fcr and mcr all do engine work for me the best engine I have ever had is the one I currently got from Workstechmx.com. his number is 419-886-3292 ask for mike. Guy does amazing work and best of all his prices are lower than everyone else hands down.

the number i have for mike schumacher is 419-886-2692 his shop is about 10 miles from me i think im not positive but i think he is sending his bottom end work out to scruffy at moto tech in mansfield. who is a very reputable shop

his number is 419-747-3523 by the way mike @workstech is a suspension master. he spent 20+ years at mid ohio honda suzuki in mt vernon i cant say enough good about mike he is the coolest guy ive ever met in the biz