Sign in to follow this  

spring maintenance

so i had recently joined TT:thumbsup: and have been reading about the crappy job of greasing the bearings yamaha does and that they should be done atleast once a year which is bad news for me becouse i got a brand new yz 250 06 late 06 and have not touched the bearings since :thumbsup: im getting my bike ready for summer :ride: would any one mind getting me a list of bearings and linkages stuff to pull clean and grease i hope i get lucky and nothing is seized up any help would be greatly appreciated

The two worst to lube are the steering head and the swingarm pivot. After that, look at the top shock bolt. From here, drop to the rest of the suspension linkage.

I just did mine on my 09. It really wasnt that hard but none of mine were seized. Go to the suspension forum and search bearings i think it is the first one that says with pics. It is great it shows and tells you how to do the swing arm and rear shock. the only thing i had trouble with was the top rear shock bearing. other than that it was pretty easy. Some people mentioned that it was hard to remove the seals. if you can afford new ones replace them if not just stick a flat screw driver in between the seal and the washers and twist it a little that worked for me.