Sign in to follow this  

PC 5 vs Yoshimura PIM 2

Its about time i gotta order one of the 2. I wanted to know some info on them.. I searched but didnt find much on the PIM. Im running a fmf factory 4.1 with the megabomb header but didnt happen to see the map for it on dyno jets site. I know that the PIM comes with 2 maps but for a yosh slip on and full system. I just wanted to get some opinions on these before i spill $300+ on something.. Thanks!

Keith

Just installed one last week, 45 min to install. The bike run great very smooth power, broader powerband, I have a full yosh pipe but would think it works on most pipes.

Both are great products. You already have a system so I would go with PC5 at this stage. You can find a lot of people on the forum who may already have a map to help you mainly based on the fact the PC5 is more common.

Eddie has a map he will sell you for your PC5 and everyone swears by his maps.

I just pm'd eddie the other day and got a pc5 ordered with one of his maps... im really excited to get it!

You will like it. Seems like almost everyone here in Colorado with EFI bikes uses his maps. Does great work.

Just installed one last week, 45 min to install. The bike run great very smooth power, broader powerband, I have a full yosh pipe but would think it works on most pipes.

How did your PIM install and where did the unit mount at on the bike? Electrically, how does it interface with the bike?...does it plug into a connector?

The unit fits under the seat, you unplug I think 3 different connectors and plug in pim2 connectors. Not very hard to do.

So with a power commander can you put it on your computer and make your own maps or does it just come with a new one and you run theirs?

I put my PIM 2 on today,only rode it up the gravel road so I didn't notice too much, and I didn't really want to get on it and chew up a new MX51. Not too hard to install, but if you got big hands, those connection up front are gonna be a pain. I'd also stock up on zip ties because that bracket is gonna have to come off for every filter change.

One question though, is the diag. light supposed to stay on constantly ? Or just the power ? Both my blue lights are on, only ridden 5 minutes tops.

Oh, and since you got the tank off, might as well replace the spark plug.

So with a power commander can you put it on your computer and make your own maps or does it just come with a new one and you run theirs?

you can makes maps yourself assuming you have a way monitor a/f ratio.

what blue lights

The power light, and the diagnostic light. PWR and DIAG right on the unit, you don't have these lights on when the bike is running ?

Yes both blue lights are on when running, I did not notice them at first. Also Put a couple of rivets in the two piece Aluminum bracket in the provided holes and it no longer needs any zipties, just put a little duct tape on the rails to stop any vibration

The local importer here claims that my ECU has been flashed already in Italy to accommodate for the Leo Vince pipe.

What use is it then to mount Eddies PC V which assumes the stock parameters are there (which is not the case anymore)?

Gurdy or Kawboy388,

Can you guys post some pictures of your PIM 2's mounted on your bike? Thanks.

Sorry I tried but can't seem to post any pics

Edited by Gurdy

Sorry, no pics either, broke the digi cam at the track awhile ago, and the cell takes crap pics. It just mounts up side down on the subframe rails, just above and behind the filter. You can look through the side panel vents to make sure it's getting power.

The thing definitely works though, got a chance to hit the track last Wednesday. You'll want to ride the bike more in the upper mid range, rather than just short shifting. It's also smoother off the low end. I run a Pro Circuit T4R, No Toil Powerflow flame resistent filter(no back fire screen), and it blended perfect with those mods. Got it for 265 from bio hazzard on ebay.

Yes I agree the mid range is really good, I don't think the low end is less just really smooth, will hold a gear longer.I added a taller gear in the past, but after the pim2 might go back to stock gearing. That is with a Yosh full system.