Sign in to follow this  

another 'help' thread.

so my bike was leaking fuel out of the carb overflow pipe. as well as this the bike (1993 dr350s) keeps cutting out when it has been ridden at high revs and then let off the throttle. I have now replaced the carb float needle and i seem to have had no luck. Any body got any more ideas?

thanks

Chris

My 90 DR 650 had a similar problem.

The vacuum petcock was leaking. Now, I know it doesn't seem like it could cause that but I got a petcock off a 01 Yamaha Raptor and that fixed it.

Does it always leak fuel or only under certain conditions?

If always then check the overflow bypass screw on side of carb. Maybe it is not seating properly to completely close passage. Remove it and inspect the end taper and its mating surface inside carb for wear or residue preventing a good seal.

If an intermittent leak then probably a true overflow condition so check your float height.

Regarding your other problem have you done any airbox mods or jetting changes?

Did you replace the little o-ring around the float needle seat (part # 13374-35C00)? In my experience this is usually the problem when there is a float bowl overflow on DRs. As noted in a previous post, the vacuum petcock is the second place I'd look.