another drz gone, drinking now

Went out after dinner yesterday in the truck at 1745 hrs, came home and found an empty carport. Bike was gone. It had a few mods but was pretty much stock. Steering and rear disc was locked and front wheel cabled to ground. Cable and disc lock cut and left behind as if they were laughing. Gotta love battery operated power tools.

My neighbor happened to stumble upon the 3 thieves wheeling it away at 1800 hrs. Too many for him to take on(all of my neighbors are really cool). He called the cops but they got away. They had cut down the back fence to the complex to make a quick get-away. Lots of places to go back there.

First drz sm was destroyed in a head on last year. Kid crossed the double yellow. Loved that bike, 20,000 kms per year two years in a row. I am still doing rehab but started riding a new drz sm 6 months later. At least I have an adorable physiotherapist who is a sadist.

Funny thing is I am not angry about the loss. When I was in emerg after the accident last year, they wheeled a lady into the bed next to me who slipped and fell down a set of stairs and eventually succumbed to her injuries. Kinda puts things into perspective. We walk a fine line.

I am pissed off because I was suppose to go ski touring for a few days starting tomorrow with some buds and now I have to stay behind to deal with the insurance company who I am sure is going to love me so much that they will raise my rates. Oh joy.

bb

It does suck, but I can only hope for bad vibes to the thieves. Do unto others, kharma stuff... I was planning a trip to alaska on the drz sm and will hopefully replace it with another so I can continue. I guess I will have to get my insurance adjusted so that I can keep it inside. Talked to the neighbor some more and it sounds like it was targeted.

bb

Sorry to hear about your DRZ. When someone steals something like that from you it can take all the fun out of owning a bike. I suppose everyone has had their car broken into from time to time or their house. It's a bad feeling.

They stole your bike so they could sell it someone for $500 dollars. ? Almost makes you wished they would have stopped by and just asked for some money. Really sorry to hear about your DRZ. Hang in there.

Wow that really sucks. sorry to hear you bike was taken like that.......i Am horrified that your neighbor caught them red handed and did nothing(except call the police).... there would have been a bloody brawl if i was that neighbor.

Wow that really sucks. sorry to hear you bike was taken like that.......i Am horrified that your neighbor caught them red handed and did nothing(except call the police).... there would have been a bloody brawl if i was that neighbor.

Not everyone is young or wants to take the chance of getting shot or worse yet...sliced up with a blade.

Yea that's a real bummer. There is nothing worse then that feeling that something was taken from you. Your hard earned money spent etc. Either Way hopefully you can to the bottom of this and everything works out in the end.

Edited by RiD3HaRD
Typo