Sign in to follow this  

KBC Helmets quality

How is the quality of KBC Helmets? I know they probably make good and bad but does anyone have experience with them?

Specifically the DRT-X .

Thanks,

KBC Helmets are ALRIGHT... nothing great. they tend to be on the heavy side.

However, they do make a lot of helmets for different companies.

I guess they make enough money off producing other companies helmets that they dont have to really worry about selling many of their own... (they tend to be heavy and not too appealing.)

I am looking to compare a KBC to a SHOEI or an ARAI.

I have had a Oneal for the last 8 years and it has held up well. Is a KBC similar to a FOX, ONeal, HJC, etc.?

Yep, KBC or HJC makes all the helmets for those companies. They are good quality, but not up to the standards of a Shoei or Arai - those are the gold standard.

I wear the Shoie VFX model....awesome helmet....I have had a couple of KBC helmets...they are ok....a little on the heavy side....but for a lower price helmet....its a good helmet.......The KBC are like the HJC, Fox, Oneal..etc......It is so hard to beat a Shoei or a Arai....they are top of the line for a reason......

I've been racing mx since the 70's and the only helmet I've gotten a concussion in was a KBC. The fiberglass shell ended up with a big gouge, but the inner EPS didn't crush because it was too stiff. I won't wear one again.

I currently wear a Shoei.

I think KBC actually makes the hemets for all those said companies.

YES they do but, KBC helmets are not cheep shoie or arai. There is a big differance although I use a KBC. I've took a couple of good hits with them too. SEE I'm alright :thumbsup:

I would take an HJC over a KBC, but that's just personal opinion. They fit my head better.

i use a KBC street helmet and like was said before they are a bit heavier than the higher shoei or arais. but any helmet is better than no helmet, plus i dont believe it when people say this whole in this helmet i got hurt and in this helmet i havent. each fall is completely different and there is just no way to say if a helmet would have done any different better or worse than the helmet that was actually in the accident.

Stay away from their flat finish. Had 2 helmets, new, 3 years apart. Both of them, the flat top coat delaminated horribly from the paint.