Sign in to follow this  

NorthCarolina Thanks to the folks at Brushy Mountain

4 of us from VA went to Brushy Mountain yesterday.

We made our last run at about 3PM and headed to the Enduro trail. About 1/4 mile from the start, one of the guys riding with us had some bad luck when he ran into a small tree that was down. The end of the tree was broken off and had a sharp point, and somehow it hit a radiator hose and ripped it open.

I stayed with him while the other 2 guys headed back to get some hose and antifreeze. We used a piece of hose from a gas can and were able to get back to the trucks a little after 5.

Both Richard and the other gentleman who was working (did not get his name) obviously had to stay well after 5, and neither one seemed to mind at all. They could not have been nicer, even though they had to stay later because of us. The entire staff seems to go out of their way to make sure that the riders have a good time.

Thanks again to a great bunch of people. Can't wait to ride there again soon.

Yes they are top notch.

Sorry I missed riding with you Rob.

My buddy and I (him on a Katoom 300 and me on a CRF250X) passed you guys while you were waiting on the enduro trail. I also stopped and talked to your buddies when they were headed back with the section of hose and some antifreeze. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your buddy out.

Brushy is awesome and so are Richard and Van.

Sorry I missed riding with you Rob.

Me too, Footy. Sorry for the short notice on ATVNC; we did not decide for sure to go until a few of us were at dinner together Saturday night.

I will give you more notice next time. I'm sure that we will be back soon, there is still a ton of snow/mud in the woods up here.

My buddy and I (him on a Katoom 300 and me on a CRF250X) passed you guys while you were waiting on the enduro trail. I also stopped and talked to your buddies when they were headed back with the section of hose and some antifreeze. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your buddy out.

Brushy is awesome and so are Richard and Van.

Thanks to you & your buddy for stopping to check on us. You guys were the only people we saw on the Enduro trail the whole 1 -1/2 hours we were there. It did not look like many people have been riding that trail since the snow.

Nice 250X by the way. They are great bikes for the woods.

wheres guido?

what did you do to guido

Me too, Footy. Sorry for the short notice on ATVNC; we did not decide for sure to go until a few of us were at dinner together Saturday night.

I will give you more notice next time. I'm sure that we will be back soon, there is still a ton of snow/mud in the woods up here.

Thanks to you & your buddy for stopping to check on us. You guys were the only people we saw on the Enduro trail the whole 1 -1/2 hours we were there. It did not look like many people have been riding that trail since the snow.

Nice 250X by the way. They are great bikes for the woods.

We had a group of 6 bikes that hit the enduro trail around 2pm, and we ran the whole loop, so if you saw fresh tire tracks, those were ours! The tracks mighta looked funny since several of us were riding trials tires, which make a weird impression in the mud.

Yes Richard and Van are great. He treated a few of us to sets of free grips on Saturday, then when I bought a mt Dew out of the soda machine and it spit out about 6 drinks instead of one Richard said just give out the drinks to whoever wanted them.

He goes out of his way to be socialable to everyone, and they will do anything they can to help riders make the most of their day at Brushy.

I can't say enough good things about Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park and its staff. They run a first class operation up there at the mountain! The staff treats all of their customers with respect, concern for their safety, and friendliness. They make 100% sure that every customer has a real good time when they ride. Very nice and helpful people. Two thumbs up from me!!!

A big +1 to that!:ride::thumbsup:

Brushy is excellent!

BTW...Richard...it would probably be a good idea to get a line on another stock of Motoz Tractionator front tires.

I'm in love!:lol: It hooked up nicely in the lose stuff this last weekend. I may try it in the sand this coming weekend...we shall see.

-Jay

Edited by Jays07WR450

+1000

Richard and Van and the whole crew at brushy are awesome...great trails, ever changing conditions, heated restroom /changing room, food , store to buy stuff you break --what else can you ask for...

I was bummed not to make it this weekend and ride with gyro ron and crew --I knew it was 50/50 for me going in because of basketball games ...

well good for my sons that since they won their games on sat they had to play sunday as well --I was jonesing to ride for sure but they won again on sunday so they/we had a good weekend.

Basketball is a lot cheaper (and less time consuming) then riding/racing dirtbikes --that is for sure. :thumbsup:

I think only my youngest (he's 5) is going to be a rider

No games on sunday this weekend--I'll be riding somewhere though it's snowing in mooresville right now.

I contacted the US supplier out in California to place a larger order and the BAD NEWS is it will be the Last of March or the first of April before they get more of the Front Tractionator Enduro Soft Terrain Tires. As a matter of fact they are out or almost out of all the best tires and most popular tire sizes.

He has my order and will ship it when everything comes to the States.

Richard

Thats not too bad... it is less than a month away and time flys when your having fun

I contacted the US supplier out in California to place a larger order and the BAD NEWS is it will be the Last of March or the first of April before they get more of the Front Tractionator Enduro Soft Terrain Tires. As a matter of fact they are out or almost out of all the best tires and most popular tire sizes.

He has my order and will ship it when everything comes to the States.

Richard

Whew! Glad I had Ron pick one up for me last week!

BTW Richard...how did this latest bout of winter treat the mountain?

I second the question on the weather. Would like to come down this weekend if you guys are able to open.

We got very little snow and it has been much warmer and windy since Tuesday.

This has helped get rid of the snow and dry up the trails. By this weekend you most likely won't be able to tell it snowed. But as always during the Winter season there will be mud along with dust and perfect conditions in other places. W'ell get out the Vagisal for you know who......I rode the Mountain then the Mountain Rode Me.

COME RIDE THE MOUNTAIN

This has helped get rid of the snow and dry up the trails. By this weekend you most likely won't be able to tell it snowed. But as always during the Winter season there will be mud along with dust and perfect conditions in other places. W'ell get out the Vagisal for you know who......I rode the Mountain then the Mountain Rode Me.

COME RIDE THE MOUNTAIN

:ride::lol::lol::thumbsup::cry::lol::lol::lol:

Too funny!

COME RIDE THE MOUNTAIN

how is your geritol supply ?