Sign in to follow this  

new DRZ owner Bike wont idle.

Just got a drz400 its got a 2006 E engine with fcr slant carb. How cold blooded are the drzs. I let it warm up on choke for 10 min about 40F and slowly push the choke in and it dies, I tried to work the throttle and it starts popping (lean)

the carb has

200 Main air

165 Main jet

45 pilot

100 air

jd blue

R&D flex-jet 2 turns out.

CE removed and linked together with hose.

Im at about 700ft

I have cleaned the pilot circuit 3 times. Any suggestions or ideas would be appriciated. Aaron.

Edited by yamahfan

Mine isn't terribly cold blooded. Sounds as if the pilot circuit is still plugged. Are you spraying carb cleaner through the pilot circuit? You should be able to stick the carb cleaner nozzle up the pilot and with your finger over the port where the air enters the pilot circuit (at the bottom of the intake bell), watch the carb cleaning fluid spray out of the small holes in the venturi (I think there are two).

Safety glasses and nitrile gloves are a good idea!

Are you sure the idle isn't just turned down? Fresh gas?

Edited by PeterJ
Safety

when you removed the CE and connected the nipples you left the jet in the end of the small nipple yes?

?:thumbsup:? I've never heard of this one. All of my CE nipples have caps on them, I think:thinking: Will you please expound or give me a keyword to search for this Eddie? My bike runs great the way it is though.

when you removed the CE and connected the nipples you left the jet in the end of the small nipple yes?

Yes the previous owner left the jet in and put rubber caps on the ends.(it has the taffy mod) Is it better to link the two nipples with a piece of hose? also I got agressive with the compressed air and the pilot circuit looks better. Ill install tonight and cross my fingers.