Sign in to follow this  

Can't ride, but installed piston and cam

In my XR650R!

I was amazed I only had to adjust one of the intake valves (was 0.005" instead of 0.006") after putting in the Hotcam stage 1.

I also installed a Wiseco 11:1. After bolting everything back together and clay checking, it started first kick!

Will be installing a wideband in the next few days so i can get the carb tuned correctly and then the vapor install.

In my XR650R!

I was amazed I only had to adjust one of the intake valves (was 0.005" instead of 0.006") after putting in the Hotcam stage 1.

I also installed a Wiseco 11:1. After bolting everything back together and clay checking, it started first kick!

Will be installing a wideband in the next few days so i can get the carb tuned correctly and then the vapor install.

How much clearance did you have?

Not sure, didn't measure....This is bad but I didn't have any putty so I looked around for something similar...I found cream cheese. It worked okay, but wasn't good enough to measure off of, would estimate 0.05" at least.

Will be installing a wideband in the next few days so i can get the carb tuned correctly

Heck Yeah! Why spend time and money to only half @$$ it when it comes to tunning and crap some of that time and money down the toilette.

Another Heck Yeah! for doing it whole @$$ed.