Sign in to follow this  

clutch fade, heat.. modify basket?

On my 03 rm125 i use the clutch a lot in the turns, i weigh 180, i like 125's, this isnt going to change. Problem is the heat causes to much play in the lever, hard on frictions, and burns the oil. Has anyone ever milled slots or drilled extra holes in the basket to allow for easier oil flow into the clutch pack to possibly help with this problem??

I heard about drilling 2 small holes in the clutch hub to help oil flow and help with clutch feel when feathering.

In the mid-90's there was show spoofing baywatch, called Son of the Beach , howard stern produced it . There local team high school or JC was called sukma...and had a rooster for a mascot !!!!

I do not have a cure for your clutch issues.....I had a crf 250 and ran into the same issues , sold it and am back on bigger clutched bikes....and do not have any issues.

Good luck with it.

i loved son of the beach, but my screen name is no relation. I am running Delvac 15-40w. Same stuff i run in all my bikes. Where did they drill these two small holes in the hub?? I have also heard of some mod to the pushrod?? Like filing a flat spot or something but i dont understand what they are getting at on that one.