planning a Moab trip soon....

a few fellow Husky riders here were interested in a Moab ride..so.

a few of us here in CO, are planning one late March early April..

anyone interested in meeting and getting some seat time..contact me, we will put it together.

i can say its best to avoid Moab on Spring break..all the tree huggin college kids are out...they do make great traction though.

Just rolled in yesterday from 9 days down there. WOW. Amazing riding.

We posted on the road here...

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8501

and have 30gb of pix and vid to sort through and upload. Some stuff here...

http://jmetteer.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/2010-OFF-ROAD-RIDES/10-02-20-29-MOAB-TRIP/11294195_d3psu#792998931_NYz8R

I am headed back as soon as i can make it happen (few months.)

Will be there a little later April 17 to 30th, then Apr 30 to May 7 street touring with wife Sedona, AZ back through the national parks to Moab. Archview campground. I think I might change my start date to April 21 to save some vacation days though. Just got back from 2 weeks in Death Valley.

- Mike

Wow, that was brave heading to Moab so soon in the year. However looking at current weather cams down there, it's looking much more inviting!!

We had an awesome 7 days or riding. Snow just made it more fun IMHO. ?

sunny and perfect to me...

797280620_c56XX-L.jpg

797275568_7iPtg-L.jpg

797270873_KSYZE-L.jpg

Some mornings provided real "slick rock"

797262281_vKpXy-L.jpg

But most was clear by noon...

797265313_Q6im9-L.jpg

Some cool stuff there. (thats me on the hill on the left)

796547409_T2qZR-L.jpg

I might be in, depending on what the snow looks like when you go we may head to AZ instead. A couple years ago we were in Moab the middle of March and didn't have to worry about snow at all, but it's different this year for sure. Keep us updated. Brad.

i wish i would of known earlier i would go but were headn there next fri the 12th and weather looks promising so we'll see let you know how the weather was when i get back and will be doing this trip atleast 2 more times this summer

I'm planning to be there the 20/21-28th of this month. I was planning on hitting a variety of things like the slickrock park area, white rim, procupine rim, kane's creek etc.

There's a bunch of guys from ADV showing up on the 26/27th and staying at the big bend campground and then riding the Kokopelli trail I think that Saturday... in smaller groups of course. I think there's like 13 spots left in that campground.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549398 - link for that

Unfortunately I'm going to be there during spring break... That's what happens when your a college kid!

Riding up from Flagstaff on the 12th/13th. On the checklist is white rim, slickrock, Poison spider area, and more. Playing most of the trip by ear. Should be in town through the 20th or 21st.

Can't wait to get back to moab. It is my second home!

Headed there 04/07-04/17/10- look forward to getting on the bike after the winter's forced break... My first trip- but going with a group that's been out there a few times- so should be smooth sailing. ROCKS:thumbsup:

There is rain/snow forecasted here thru Wednesday and then up to mid to high 40's by Friday and 50's Sat. Lots of snow is off from those pics in Feb. Any of you want to ride and can deal with an intermediate rider shoot me a PM (I just moved to Moab).

Anyone who has not been there before a word of caution, run your old tires. That stuff grinds tires down fast and the hookup is crazy so it really does not matter what tire you run.

Work on your step up / step down skills...

803589906_v5ifF-L.jpg

we road last year, and was my first experiance, some things i learned..

lost of great traction..weather was awesome.

neet to ride, but nothing real hard, {thats ok for the first ride out}

dont go during spring break, mountain bikers are great for traction.

and everything you do cost money..so bring cash..