Discolored oil on 08 CRF

Yesterday I was changing my oil, engine oil was perfect changed the oil filter. Then when I got to the trans. oil a milky white/gold oil came out. Could this be a water leak from a bad gasket? I did just wash it before with a pressure washer as I always do. Any help is appriciated!

I will post a picture later, I'm at school at the moment.

In the honda when the tranny oil goes milky then it can only be caused by the water pump. if it was a bad gasket then your engine oil would be the milky one. check the water pump seals and check the water pump shaft as well for any groovs. if the shaft has deep grooves in it replacing the seals only wont help as you will need to replace the shaft also.

In the honda when the tranny oil goes milky then it can only be caused by the water pump. if it was a bad gasket then your engine oil would be the milky one. check the water pump seals and check the water pump shaft as well for any groovs. if the shaft has deep grooves in it replacing the seals only wont help as you will need to replace the shaft also.

Thanks a lot for the help! I will check it this weekend.

Also, here is the picture just incase anyone else knows what's wrong.

DSC01406.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

Ok, thanks a lot! I have about that many hours aswell. I'm thinking it is something in the water pump like Nart Haroon said. I will check everything and get back to you if I find anything.

No problem! Oh yeah, and my dads 05 250x does it, and it probably has 150-200 hours on it.(just a guess though, no hour meter)

Ok, that's a little reassuring, although it may be because of all the hours. ? I need an hour meter.

Ok, that's a little reassuring, although it may be because of all the hours. ? I need an hour meter.

I don't know about the hours theory, mine has done it since day one and so have the other two bikes. I think this is a fairly common occurrence on these bikes.

I don't know about the hours theory, mine has done it since day one and so have the other two bikes. I think this is a fairly common occurrence on these bikes.

Yup! But now that I think of it, I probably wouldn't pay attention to my hour meter. I pretty much just do regular maintenence after my rides. Replace stuff when it needs it. I'm going to hate my first rebuild. ):

Checked my valves the other day, I have never had to adjust them in the bike's whole 80 hours or so, and I checked them...perfect! 0.011 on exhaust and 0.005 on the intake. ?

Mrs. Honda (or Mrs. Junita), man she is a trooper. :ride:

Hahaha! Yup.

But with an hour meter you can't lie about how many hours are on it when you sale it. ?

"yeah man, it's got proabably about 5 hours (really 100) on this new top end. Runs great!" +$3,000!

Hahaha! Yup.

But with an hour meter you can't lie about how many hours are on it when you sale it. :ride:

"yeah man, it's got proabably about 5 hours (really 100) on this new top end. Runs great!" +$3,000!

haha, yeah but thats a good thing. and i guess you could, just don't hook the hour meter up when the bike is new so it looks like less hours. but i wouldn't lie about hours when selling. but i shouldn't have to worry about that cause i don't plan on selling for a while ?