Sign in to follow this  

What is the differences in these needles?

Can someone elaborate a little on the differences with the following 2 needles,

NJYR

NJGR

And please elaborate the differences between

NJYR

NCYR

Thanks

DG

Thanks for the info William although OEM needles markings do not follow that chart AFAIK except for the last letter which is the straight diameter. I listed the OEM needles on purpose :thumbsup: . From my research the only letter that I can use those charts is the last letter. (R in the needles I listed)

I have a new type FCR-MX carb that has new AP linkage and longer 5 groove needle that are used in the 2007 and newer CRF450's.

I was looking what the difference between the letter J and C. If you check out James Dean's thread discussing the new FCR-MX carb the needle changed from a NCYR to a NJYR. The NJYR needle is a longer needle and only has 5 grooves. I was wondering if the letter change is just to denote the change to the longer style needle or if the taper etc. changed as well.

refer to this link. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402971&highlight=njyr

NJYR from 2008 CRF450 with old style FCR-MX carb

NCYR from 2006 CRF450 with new style FCR-MX carb

Edited by D0T-C0M

I purchased James Dean's jetting guide and it has answered all my questions. It is a very helpful guide and I highly recommend it. You plug your carb jet sizes and you can compare other jets combination to help you get into the ball park. plus much much more. Anyone with a FCR carb should have this tool.