Sign in to follow this  

California jawbone sat sun

Making the trip this friday night with some buddys. Anyone is welcome to come ride and camp if they like.

I went with a couple buddies for a day ride on Sunday. I have not been to Jawbone in a while so we decided to check it out because it was closer. The conditions were beautiful and the dirt was nice and tacky. Had a great day but can not say what trails we rode or where we went because that would be self incriminating.

I was floored how many closure there were in Jawbone and Dove Springs. The fire roads are open and you can ride in circles and kick up dust and make noise in your camp site. It is still an amazing place, it just sucks it is not as easy to get to all those places, if you can even get to them any more.

I think our state is bankrupt from spending money on putting up miles and miles of fences, gates, wood barriers and signs in the middle of the desert.

Jawbone sucks after the state spent half of its annual budget buying "trail closed" signs. Just a bit more of a drive and the best desert riding that I have ever done right outside of Ridgecrest (that's where I live). I used to camp at Jawbone at least a couple times a year. In my opinion, its not even worth doing now.

take the time to go out to the Spangler hills riding area. you wont be dis appointed.Jaw Bone just down right sucks,unless you ride up into the Piutes.i am going out on a limb but i think most of the Piutes are closed.Snow more snow and last years fires ruined the Piutes for now.

Jawbone sucks after the state spent half of its annual budget buying "trail closed" signs. Just a bit more of a drive and the best desert riding that I have ever done right outside of Ridgecrest (that's where I live). I used to camp at Jawbone at least a couple times a year. In my opinion, its not even worth doing now.

I have pretty much the same feeling about the place. Other than some of the higher trails like 37, 102 and a few others the place kind of sucks. I mostly avoid it as there isn't much to reason to go there.

Queue the broken record...

It's more federal than state. The closures all happened in 1986. They just never really enforced it. Now our "friends" at the Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) have been suing the BLM for not enforcing the rules. The BLM is trying to do that enforcement. The only other alternative is complete closure. If too many ride past those closed signs expect a big fence from Mojave to who knows where on the 14.

Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger.

I went last year and rode from and around lake isabel. I found it pretty diverse.

i ride jawbone all the time. Im very sad to see how many more closures there are now from just a year ago *tear* jawbone is an amazing place to ride..it'll be sad to see it go

J,

PM any locals, for a guided ride? Ridgecrest has the shit if u find the guys who like to ride it.

Bring the DS, ride Red Rock Canyon, El Pasos. I DSd w just a FOJ map. Went from Jawbone all the way out to the Pinnacles and back. Big loop. Had breakfast in Randsburg, lunch in Ridgecrest.

Or pm 9lives for day rides. Use me for reference, tell him u dont need or want "squid filter ride".

These guys are right in the fact the Jawbone pretty much sucks. It is way worth your time to go to Spangler and ride outside the Ridgecrest area. The only cool thing about Jawbone I found was Last Chance Canyon and Nightmare Gulch and that's not even really Jawbone. Have fun. I wish I was riding the desert again. It is so much fun down there.:thumbsup:

ridgecrest is now on the agenda.....seems like less closed riding at this point.