How to make a cheap dirtbike stand

I built a stand for my dirtbike ('05 CRF230F) a few months ago out of some 2x4's and some casters rated to 50# each. But the bike is over 200# and it didn't roll very well.

So my buddy was moving this weekend and he was throwing out an office chair. I figure the wieght limit on one of them is around 400# considering fat people.

So I took the base, screwed an 11"x11" piece of wood to it, and tacked a piece of carpet over it. Thing works amazing. rolls around easily, spins without any issue and best of all has the arm to lower it when I'm done for easy removal!!

dirtbikestand02.jpg

dirtbikestand01.jpg

• Like 3

The top of the base has a metal plate on it with four holes to attach the seat, I just used those holes to attach the wood. Then I used an old door mat and some tiny nails to cover it so it wouldn't scratch anything.

Considering the chair was free, I spent less then $10 for the rest of the parts.

Lifting it is the tough part but it was the same with anything else I used i.e. stool or the stand I built out of 2x4's.......I put the stand between the skid plate and front tire, lift the front tire, and roll forward on the rear until it's over the stand. If you had a friend help it would be even easier.

to lift it i would just take it off and let it go up then through the bike up there

that's basically what I do, just by lifting the front of the bike, but the bike weighs 220# so you can't just throw it up there LOL

I was breakin' your balls.

I know hence the HA HA HA.....I'm not that sensitive!!

Now it's time to use the stand and replace my rear brakes.....last ride last season I found out I had no rear brake left on a steep rocky decline!! ?

Brought a cheap old office chair home from work to give this a try. The only bear is getting the bike onto the stand. The fact that it rolls makes it a bit difficult. Works great once you get it up there though, and taking it off is a breeze of course...

Imma keep my eyes out for an old barbers chair!