Sign in to follow this  

New to me 04 250X

I just picked up a 04 CRF250X... Just a few questions, any input is appreciated

It has the exhaust from a 250R, any idea on what the jetting should be?

What should I check for right off the bat?

I'm going to check the valves for sure and get into the carb to see what jets it has in it right now...

It didn't come with a manual but I have the pdf from the 05.. How much changed from 04 to 05? Can I follow that manual instead?

sounds like you are on the right track with checking the valves. I have the full 250R exhaust on my bike and run the JD jet kit with a 165 main and 42 pilot jet. I'm at sea level in the SF bay area.....what altitudes do you ride at?

sounds like you are on the right track with checking the valves. I have the full 250R exhaust on my bike and run the JD jet kit with a 165 main and 42 pilot jet. I'm at sea level in the SF bay area.....what altitudes do you ride at?

Remember though...the jets will be different depending on whether you are running a JD needle or a stock needle. jtmach1's suggestions might not apply to you if you are running the stock Honda needle.

Edited by Codeman00

We ride in and around Niagara Falls, Ontario... our altittude here is about 593 ft above sea level. I'll have to see what jets are in there and maybe get that jetting kit if its not arleady in there

Remember though...the jets will be different depending on whether you are running a JD needle or a stock needle. jtmach1's suggestions might not apply to you if you are running the stock Honda needle.

I keep forgetting the JD kit is a bit different....Thanks for clarifying that.