New Cylinder Time

I just got done cleaning up my 03 Cylinder. Found out it's cracked on the exhaust bridge. Millennium charges $250 to repair. Can I run it as is? Anyone have a good used cylinder? If not, I want to buy a new one. What years fit, and which is the best year? So much for reliable 2-smokers.???:ride:?:foul:?

DSC01940.jpg

What all else is wrong with it?

You can get a cylinder off of e-bay from any 02+ CRs... New ones go for 370ish, used 250... Or you could sleeve it for less (yeah yeah, but for a budget build sleeving isn't bad...).

Edit: Also, if you really are parting it out, so long as the Excels and talon hubs are in great shape I'd be interested ?

Shoot! Was just pissed off about this. Yes, I am really parting it out, but keeping the Excels/Talons for my new build, what ever that may be.

I guess I spoke too soon. This bike has been bullet proof ever since I have owned it. I just can't believe the whole motor isn't tacoed because of the crack. Could have ruined everything.

I really want to get an 07 CR250, but haven't seen one yet. Newer CR's fetch good amounts around here. An 05' was put on a few weeks ago for $4000, sold within a few hours. I'd imagine a 07 going for around $4500 or more.

I want to see what the huge hype about all the fart-brokes is. I can get a 06-07 250F/450F for around $3000. Thinking of going that route for a little bit.

Shoot! Was just pissed off about this. Yes, I am really parting it out, but keeping the Excels/Talons for my new build, what ever that may be.

I guess I spoke too soon. This bike has been bullet proof ever since I have owned it. I just can't believe the whole motor isn't tacoed because of the crack. Could have ruined everything.

I really want to get an 07 CR250, but haven't seen one yet. Newer CR's fetch good amounts around here. An 05' was put on a few weeks ago for $4000, sold within a few hours. I'd imagine a 07 going for around $4500 or more.

I want to see what the huge hype about all the fart-brokes is. I can get a 06-07 250F/450F for around $3000. Thinking of going that route for a little bit.

I just came back from 4 strokes, trust me you aren't missing anything. But if you have your heart set on it, go for it. Personally, I'd just get a new jug and send it off to get some port work done, throw it in and call it done. You caught the issue early, but if you have new bike syndrome look @ getting at least a newer YZ250 ? (Or even better an 05+ CR haha :ride: )

Why dont you see if EG can fix it with a big bore kit. It still would be less maintance than a fourstroke.

It doesn't completely break off. That crack is just on the surface of the bridge. It likely does not extend deep into the casting which supports the bridge. It will not cause the bridge to fail completely. It does not affect piston ring seal. It would toss another piston in and keep running it, the rest of your plating looks good. What is the worst that is going to happen, you roast the new piston after 20 hours (a normal lifetime) and you still have to replace the cylinder? I have seen these cracks before. I haven't seen a failed bridge yet.