Sign in to follow this  

Had not posted any new builds in awhile

Been on this klx110/65/85 pitbike for about 4 months nearing completion now.

Kx 85 shortened an inch and a half, .38 springs with pro taper top clamp and fat bar set up. with the stock twin piston caliper and master cyl set up along with a braking wave rotor. Running a stroked 143 with a v2 head, with a takeagawa s25 cam with auto decompression, 4 speed with billet detent sprocket with quick shift sthift shaft, billet second gear and billet outputshaft, 26 mikuni carb, takegawa 6 plate clutch set up with takegawa primary gear, finally got the tb cover the way I wanted it for now,by changing push rod lengths but awaiting the new klx110L cover and clutch arm and cable to replace it. Using the Asv clutch lever and perch along with brake lever, two brothers m6 pipe, and red baron tall seat. running a 428 oring chain and custom sprocket in the rear with countersunk bolts like the big kx's, using a 42/15 sprocket combo. Measures sittin off the stand from front axel to rear axel 48 and a half inches long,at its farthest adjustment. Uses a kx 65 rear swing arm and linkage set up,{adding that the kx 65 swingarm is unmodded with the exception of a mud guard mount for ease of replacement parts}. The linkage set slightly further away from the pivot axel than which gave it a little stiffer ride coupled with a 5.6 rear spring and a kx 65 shock.hand made over the top brake pedal from 1/4 inch stainless, still working on return spring design, foot peg mount is stock waiting on pivot pegs to come in, but mounted the front holes of the peg mount in the back mounts on the engine and the rear mount directly to the frame, into the new linkage mount for added strength, with the offset of the stock pegmount it mounts just about where the aftermarket mounts sit. still trying to figure out the best route on the skid plate, but for now its stock with a plate that mounts from the front peg mount holes to the rear peg mount holes over the peg mount. design still in progress, still more to come.

littlemoster003.jpg

littlemoster001.jpg

Looks great as always Art. I hate to say it but I have been playing with the pumpkin lol. Just took it for 150 mile trail ride this weekend. I do have 2 of the KX's ready for trail riding though and am looking foward to summer.

I like your new toy, keep up the good work.

Ed