Sign in to follow this  

Numberplate problem

So my plate is mounted as high as possible..but the rear wheel still chows it when doing offroad riding

This is where is was

DSC00905Medium.jpg

Where can I better mount it?

Your tire hits it that high?

You could mount it under the tail as long as it's not obstructed by anything? (screw plate mounting screws straight into the mud guard). Here in MD and most places in the 'States as long as its clearly visible and has a light on it at night it's good. Only problem then is it will get hit with a lot of debris while off roading.

You can buy little remote plate lights from places like THIS

My plate is close to where yours is and it's no where near the tire's travel even if I did have knobbies on. Are you sure it's mounted securely and not bending down closer to the wheel when you land real hard? I used to have that problem with my old plate mount.

Is your suspension set TOO soft? If you are just dropping off a vertical like the one in the picture, I wouldn't think you could get your plate to touch the tire. I maybe wrong but it might be your suspension setting needs to be a little stiffer. :thumbsup::ride:

maybe fol the tag up at more of an angle, on my street bikes they are angled pretty good to help with the stretched wheelbase

may be you should try smth. like that? :thumbsup:

P1010681.JPG