Sign in to follow this  

Dungeys Leatt falls off?

what was that all about, its not like he went down, cant be good for busniess right , or wrong?:thumbsup:

Im guessing the clip came off and it was wobbling around. he pulled it off and threw it. I noticed it and then like 5 min later they finally said something about it.

Well I guess I'm going to have to pitch mine as they're no good anymore. :thumbsup: JK:smirk:

The first thing I thought of was "I bet he feels naked without it". That's like driving a car without a seatbelt on.

one time I went out for a moto without mine, got in a hurry and forgot it, didn't notice till I got back to the truck and saw it sitting on the tailgate... oooooops

Kind of a testimony to how it's really not noticeable though, I bet Dungey forgot about it by the end of the lap.

would the omega have had the same problem? :ride:

Nope, let me know if you want one.:thumbsup:

Nope, let me know if you want one.:thumbsup:

Just bought one for the kid...he didn't like the Leatt. Sold it to a friend and bought the omega. I tried it on, and it seemed more comfortable than the Leatt, but I never rode with it or the Leatt. I've been happy with the EC3 race collar. Do you not like yours?

I knew people were gonna flip out about that and bash Leatt. Know how many chest protectors come undone, tear offs get all screwed up, ect. Its not like it snapped and stabbed him in this neck, like someone said it was probably just not snapped in all the way. Our gear takes a lot of abuse, its gonna come undone every once and a while. My jersey came untucked so I dont wear them anymore :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I knew people were gonna flip out about that and bash Leatt. Know how many chest protectors come undone, tear offs get all screwed up, ect. Its not like it snapped and stabbed him in this neck, like someone said it was probably just not snapped in all the way. Our gear takes a lot of abuse, its gonna come undone every once and a while. My jersey came untucked so I dont wear them anymore :thumbsup:

:ride:

:lol: If somebody's seriously considering not wearing the Leatt because of that then you're :lol:

dont they buckle on the left side? mabey it was a loose hinge pin or something

They buckle on both sides.

I wouldn't make too much of it coming loose. He either didnt snap it closed very well, screw came loose or it could have broke. Any of those happen with any protective gear.

I like RC's comment on how he's seen the R&D work on them and arnt convenced they wont cause further damage or will protect you at all.

Dungey didn't close the clasp all the way.

Dungey didn't close the clasp all the way.

and you know this how?

i've not closed mine properly before and it's done the same. but i'm slow anyways so i just pulled up and clipped it in again :thumbsup:

just out of curiosity, do the elite pro's use new gear and plastics every race? or do they just not crash enough?

i've not closed mine properly before and it's done the same. but i'm slow anyways so i just pulled up and clipped it in again :thumbsup:

just out of curiosity, do the elite pro's use new gear and plastics every race? or do they just not crash enough?

They use new every thing, every race.

and you know this how?

Vitalmx.

The Leatt clasp really needs some redundancy built into it. It's easy to close it without clicking it into place, especially with the stress of lining up for a race when your mind is already racing. I actually experienced the same thing about a year ago but it popped open on the way to the starting line. Totally user error, but it got me thinking of ways to prevent it from happening, by adding a second strap/snap or a velcro loop over the clasp's lever.