Sign in to follow this  

necessary tools for tool box

Im starting up my own tool box for my bike i just bought and i just want to know some necessary tools to have in there for any situation, i have a 04 honda 250f if that changes what i would need. I want to know basically what i would need for any situation, tires, suspension, plugs, sprockets, body, ext. Thanks!!

whatever your shop manual says you need for tools specific to your biike...general stuff is snap on metric wrenches and sockets...you can cheap out on the sockets but be sure and get a snap on ratchet as i have found good quaility tools are appreciated by your bike..pretty much common sense here....extra cables for when you break one...one thing i suggest is buy a very good tire iron...get 2 of em as spending money for a shop to change a tire is about stupid...if you stay away from girls you have a chance to get some good quality tools..if you chase the girls your monies will be gone...i know impossible as even i have a 18 year old daughter....seriosuly..buy common sense good quailty tools and you will be fine

the list goes on my friend. the list goes on. ha not that much but quite a bit.

metric sockets smallest prob a six to the largest they sell. 1/4 3/8 1/2 ratchet. extensions, swivels, screwdrives, specialty tools for suspension can be found at racetech.com or mxtech.com, open end and box end wrenches, t handles are a good idea also.

Some other random stuff to keep in your trackside toolkit:

- safety wire

- electrical tape

- bag of Zip-ties

- little bottle of Thread-lock

Tons of stuff but you will pretty much get to know what you need just by working on your bike in your garage. Like said above, buy the best quality you can afford. :thumbsup: