Sign in to follow this  

WTB - DR650 Short Kick Stand

Hello all,

I just picked up a brand new (to me) 2005 DR650 and am already working on doing a few minor adjustments to it. If anyone out there has a spare short kick stand, I'd be more than willing to buy it off of you for a reasonable price.

Thanks!

You'll probably need to take it to a local welder and have them shorten it for you. I've not heard of a commercially available aftermarket side stand for the DR, which would be the only reason someone would have a sidestand lying around.

I'm sure a junkyard would be happy to sell a stock sidestand.

I am a SuMo rider, and I've welded a bunch of sidestands for my SuMo riding buddies.

You'll probably need to take it to a local welder and have them shorten it for you. I've not heard of a commercially available aftermarket side stand for the DR, which would be the only reason someone would have a sidestand lying around.

I'm sure a junkyard would be happy to sell a stock sidestand.

I am a SuMo rider, and I've welded a bunch of sidestands for my SuMo riding buddies.

Suzuki makes them. and there's usually a few on ebay for around $40

procycle has them for $54

A guy on the yahoo DR650 was doing them for $20 + your stock stand a few years ago. You'd buy it, he'd shorten to your liking and mail it to you. You send in your OEM and he'd cut it for the next guy.

Huge win, my DR doesn't blow over anymore and sits much better in dirt. I think I went for a 1" reduction.

I picked up mine for ~$40 (including shipping on Ebay). It arrived in about 3 days and even came with extra mounting hardware.