Sign in to follow this  

simple leak test tool 34 bucks

so i have a new to me 05 yz250 with very little time on it. this worried me about dry crank seals from sitting. over in the honda forum there is a sticky on how to make a leak tester, it is a little different for the yz but very simple. for the exhaust a 1.5 inch rubber quick cap clamps to the outside of the case. for the tester i found a gauge combo at home depot. used a couple different adapters to get it to the size of the carb boot. i believe it was a 1.25 steel pipe adapter that fits perfect. i used a recharge nipple from a fox shock to attach the bike pump to, but any hydrolic store should have them. everything else at a hardware store. i will post some pics later, very simple. my bike held 8 psi for 10 minutes with no drop, so now i can sleep better :ride:. i will get pics soon.....:thumbsup:

here is a pic. the grey is the schrader valved jb welded to the gauge. no adapter for the valve i had. the gauge came as one unit with a shut off. the other pieces are just misc. pipe adapters and the quick cap. worked great and 380 dollars cheaper then motion pro :ride::thumbsup:

dsc00619g.th.jpg

i am not sure, but it happens all the time on snowmobiles that sit and don't get used. cheap insurance to check. this bike is 5 years old with less then 20 hours, so it has been sitting alot.