Sign in to follow this  

Back-ordered parts

I need a new front axle/spindle/whatever you want to call it, for my bike. I ordered one through a local KTM dealership and they called me and told me that the part is back-ordered and won't be in until somewhere around March 29th! Luckily, I am injured and won't be back in the saddle before then. But, Im still like a little boy, and want my part NOW. Does anyone know if there is way to get parts like this sooner from any other source? Anyone parting out a KTM that has this part laying around and would be willing to get rid of it?

The thing with ktm is that there is only one warehouse in the US. So i would check on ebay/ craigslist or you might get lucky trying to find a dealer that might have one sitting in the back of the parts dept. The thing with eta is that i have seen some parts come in 2 or 3 weeks early but also I have seen some parts come in 6 or 7 months after the eta.

Not really any thing else you can do.

I know my dealer usually doesn't place an order until they have so much $$$ in product to place an order. Maybe that's why it's held up, he's waiting to get a big enough order together before he sents out the request?

You could check with Munn over at KTMtalk.com's store to see if he's got some in stock or check the classifieds for a used one.

my thor sentinel chest protector has been on back order for a while!!!!!!!!!!! lol it sucks and i want my stuff now! lol. sorry that had nothing to do with the axle thingy but yea lol.

I've heard that before. :thumbsup:

j/k Good luck with it. I can't imagine what that costs new.

about 55$ not including shipping.

about 55$ not including shipping.

"meh" not tooo bad. I've seen $80-90 prices on axles before.....either way, $20 is alot nicer. :thumbsup:

definitely. i dont know why i didnt think of e-bay 1st. I couldve saved myself a fair amount of money had i bought all my bearings, seals, plastics, etc through ebay.