Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Nico Izzi

I dont know if anyone has really noticed but i see why Nico Izzi didnt get to keep his ride with suzuki. He just plain sucks this year. I know he had that really bad injury but so have other riders. Its funny how the pre season guys said he was a favorite to at least be a challenge for some wins. He has not cracked the top 5. An 8th and indy and 12th this past weekend. Nearly didnt make the main at indy. And i dont think he has finished in the top 5 in a heat race yet. Yes its the 2nd race, but its not a long season for lights guys

I dont know if anyone has really noticed but i see why Nico Izzi didnt get to keep his ride with suzuki. He just plain sucks this year. I know he had that really bad injury but so have other riders. Its funny how the pre season guys said he was a favorite to at least be a challenge for some wins. He has not cracked the top 5. An 8th and indy and 12th this past weekend. Nearly didnt make the main at indy. And i dont think he has finished in the top 5 in a heat race yet. Yes its the 2nd race, but its not a long season for lights guys

I hear ya dude, I was looking forward to him coming back and we havent heard anything from him yet! I'm telling myself that his injury is still in his head because he really looks hesitant while the camera was on him for that short time. I hope he gets more cozy riding, at least so he will be a top 5'er

he'll come around. the type of injury he had ends alot of careers in other sports. It's going to take some time. You loose alot of mobility in your ankle with that type of injury.

saw a video of him "training" last year......i think it was on racerxill.com.....it was a joke....he barely picked his feet up off the ground while he was "jogging".....i dont its only his injury holding him back....

saw a video of him "training" last year......i think it was on racerxill.com.....it was a joke....he barely picked his feet up off the ground while he was "jogging".....i dont its only his injury holding him back....

I seen a video of him this year and he was working his butt off. I thought the same thing on the video you seen. But this new one he was working.

He crashed in his heat race at Indy. Still I expected more and surprised he didn't continue to move up in the Indy main. I thought he would be in the mix or at least a podium contender.

Lites east is stacked with some fast fellas.

Shattering your heal is no joke man. Whatever happens im pretty proud of Izzi for getting back on and riding this season. I crushed my heel into 20pcs and it was the worst thing ive ever been through so props for even coming back.

I saw him step out of the trailer in his socks and it looked like his feet were still tender! he kinda limped a little!

I was at the Atlanta race, and watched the first practices. Although he didn't do that well in the end, I have to give him some credit. He came out and hit the quad on his first lap, when none of the other 250's were trying it. That took some cajones.

I broke my heel in 4 pieces almost 4 years ago and still deal with a limp sometimes. My doctor told me breaking the heel is the worst bone to break. The pain almost made me vomit.

Andrew Short broke his heel in the past and then broke the talus (ankle bone) on the same foot. He's out for a while. My bet is he will not race outdoors. Unless they do an ankle fusion, You cant race witha fused ankle.

I broke my heel in 4 pieces almost 4 years ago and still deal with a limp sometimes. My doctor told me breaking the heel is the worst bone to break. The pain almost made me vomit.

Andrew Short broke his heel in the past and then broke the talus (ankle bone) on the same foot. He's out for a while. My bet is he will not race outdoors. Unless they do an ankle fusion, You cant race witha fused ankle.

Ya I just broke my talus in December, hopefully can start riding in a few weeks/month. What is weird is I guess most people/often snowboarders break the rear of the talus but I broke mine in front of the ankle below where it hinges...my doctor and physical therapist both never saw it break there before...def. sucks!

I wonder if he possibly has a pre season injury that he isnt disclosing? I mean, he doesnt even come close to making it on the leaderboard in quialying :thumbsup:

I agree, "Nico Izn't"

Edited by Johnyb

:thumbsup:

I wonder if he possibly has a pre season injury that he isnt disclosing? I mean, he doesnt even come close to making it on the leaderboard in quialying :ride:

granted ferry is almost twice as old but look at how long its taking him to recover from his heel injury...

its sounds its pretty much the worst injury a racer can have but...i'm sure that izzi's training habits aren't helping him any......add on top of that a very debilitating injury and who knows.....maybe he'll never be a top threat again....?

Why cant you race with a fused heel/talus i couldnt get surgery because of the blood blister the size of your fist on the side of my ankle but their telling sooner or later I will no doubt have to get it fused that was 7 months ago i still limp an still have pain everyday.

Why cant you race with a fused heel/talus i couldnt get surgery because of the blood blister the size of your fist on the side of my ankle but their telling sooner or later I will no doubt have to get it fused that was 7 months ago i still limp an still have pain everyday.

If you have zero side to side (flexion?) movement of the ankle from fusion, not only will it make you limp forever, you will put more stress on the knee as a result.

I am fairly confident his window of opportunity to be a contender is closed.

He now has a new herd of rookies that are smoking him and his chance to make a name for himself in the lites is over.

I suspect he will be the one Fro and RC will be speaking about when they tell the lappers to get out of the way.

I believe his injury was substantial enough that he will have to call it quits in the very near future. It's too bad too because the kid could ride.

In all fairness though, he might be consistant enough he could wittle his way back and get better support for outdoors or next year. You gotta wonder how good this years bike set-up is compared to last year.