Sign in to follow this  

Alpinestar strap keep coming undone!

The straps on my astars are constantly coming undone. Ticks me off. Then I was flipping through some recent supercross photos and I realized im not the only one.

464Y9962.jpg

464y9625.jpg

I used to have the same problem, until I figured out that they weren't closing all the way. Their ended up being some dirt stuck in there, so after I cleaned them they were fine.

Sad part is this is common. Due to dirt. That's why you see alot of riders wrap tape around them. I love my tech 8s but the straps are veery irritating.

The only time that I had this problem is when my buckle was worn out. Alpine Stars has replacement buckles and receivers, but I wasn't going to mess w/ rivits on my buckles on a $500 pair of boots. I called AlpineStars and told them that the receiver part of the bottom buckle was worn out and needed to be replaced. They told me to send it back and they would do it for free. I got my boot back a couple of weeks later and all 3 buckles and receivers were replaced - for free.:thumbsup:

MAX!!!

The only time that I had this problem is when my buckle was worn out. Alpine Stars has replacement buckles and receivers, but I wasn't going to mess w/ rivits on my buckles on a $500 pair of boots. I called AlpineStars and told them that the receiver part of the bottom buckle was worn out and needed to be replaced. They told me to send it back and they would do it for free. I got my boot back a couple of weeks later and all 3 buckles and receivers were replaced - for free.:thumbsup:

MAX!!!

Do they really replace the receiving end of the buckle? because I have another pair in which that part fell off. I noticed they sell the replacement buckles but no the receiving end.

That's how I always look. I broke one of the buckles on my Comp 5's in a crash, and I have been riding like that for about 5 months now.

I've had several pairs of A stars, but will not buy another pair until they ditch those junk buckles. I have Sidi's now, Sidi and Gaerne are head and shoulders better in the buckle department and seem to be better in overall quality.

my advice....spend the $500.00 and get the SIDI crossfires...your feet will thank you..there is no better boot...period

MAX!!!

Do they really replace the receiving end of the buckle? because I have another pair in which that part fell off. I noticed they sell the replacement buckles but no the receiving end.

Yea man, totally. I love my Tech 10s. I am an Alpinestars fan for life. Their support is great and they have great products. I have had my Tech 10s resold twice, $75 each time, I think that is good price for the pair of brand new soles.

MAX!!!

If you are racing, you should really tape them shut anyway. In a HS race last summer a guy's front wheel hit my boot on a steep rocky climb, and it opened all 4 buckles (different brand). Anyway, I could not ride with the open boot, and I lost a ton of time trying to get the mud out and the buckles shut again. Now I tape the buckles shut before each race. It is a PITA to get them open when you are exhausted after the race, but I never want to lose again because of something as silly as boot buckles.

If you are racing, you should really tape them shut anyway. In a HS race last summer a guy's front wheel hit my boot on a steep rocky climb, and it opened all 4 buckles (different brand). Anyway, I could not ride with the open boot, and I lost a ton of time trying to get the mud out and the buckles shut again. Now I tape the buckles shut before each race. It is a PITA to get them open when you are exhausted after the race, but I never want to lose again because of something as silly as boot buckles.

What kinda of tape are you using? I had to use duck tape a couple of times because it was the only thing I had in my bag. Duck tape was pain to get off.

I do use duct tape, but I never gave the type of type any real thought. Duct tape is a pain to get off for sure, but it is durable and relatively cheap. One pass completely around the boot at each leg buckle is what I use.