$1600 05 yz250

You can get the pink slip for it by applying for a lost title when the bike is sold. (It's best if the seller does this before or during the sale, but you can do it afterward if need be). The biggest issues is "trust". Do you trust that the owner is who he/she says they are? At least copy their driver's license (a cell phone is great for that) and have them put their DL# on the bill of sale so you or the police can track them down if the deal turns out to be fraudulent.

The DMV can also lookup the registered owner by VIN# (I think it's $5 still). So if the seller is willing to wait for you to do that, deals like this can be relatively safe for the buyer. ?

Thanks for the great info!?

I was more just interested in the answers, so if some1 else here wants it. Feel free!:ride:

What do u guys think the going rate of a nice 05 yz250 in Cal is? I would think between $2300-2700?

Here is a potential problem:The original owner financed it and bailed on the loan thus a lien holder will be on the title and they will have to release the bike by signing off on the title. Well if he did not pay the loan balance you are SOL. I saw this one as well. Even I king of the cheap would not really entertain this one as I need legal stickered bikes. That being said if you are a 100% track guy you will be just one of the many with an unregistered bike. I would imagine you could get the VIN and see who owns the thing. Good luck with whatever you chose to do:thumbsup:

Thanks for the great info!?

I was more just interested in the answers, so if some1 else here wants it. Feel free!:ride:

What do u guys think the going rate of a nice 05 yz250 in Cal is? I would think between $2300-2700?

You should be able to score a nice one in that range maybe less. But you have to beat me:p I am looking for one too. But I might just stay with the steel framed because I have so many parts. There was a stock 05' for $2500 in the Inland Empire CL I believe.

Haha, hey we can race at a local track for one! :ride::ride:

I was looking at this one just to make a return profit. I really want an 06+ yz250 cause I love my 125 but would like more power! I have atm an 06 yz125 in excellent condition that still had original tires and warning stickers on it when I bought it.? What would be a reasonable price range for my 06 yz125? $2600-$3000 to high?

I was looking at this one just to make a return profit. I really want an 06+ yz250 cause I love my 125 but would like more power! I have atm an 06 yz125 in excellent condition that still had original tires and warning stickers on it when I bought it.? What would be a reasonable price range for my 06 yz125? $2600-$3000 to high?

You won't get much profit unless you part it out. But as a whole, yz's can be had at really low prices.

More than likely. Unfortunately the market for 125's is kinda weak. Which is a real shame. I took a few laps recently on my friends YZ 125 and had an ear to ear grin.

I called about this very bike! I live in socal and I did not want to take the risk. No grace period on registration-if the off road sticker is years old the buyer will be on the hook for ALL of the back fees plus penalties. I passed on a few nice bikes because the owners failed to keep the registration up.Bought an 04 with current tags for 1800.00. The MX guys think they dont need current tags because it is a track bike only. Dosn,t matter to the State-they want their money!