Sign in to follow this  

06 250 2t or 06 450f

I am looking at a 06 yz250 and an 06 yz450f. I can get the yz for 2600 and the 450 for possibly 2800. the 250 is basically stock with a new top end and trail tech computer. Looks good. the 450 is the LE yellow 450 with what is said to be 12 hours and black rims. I will be racing mx and some hare scrambles and not real sure what i want right now. Just seeing what your guys opinions are. if the 450 does only have 12 hours on it that seems pretty good. All replies are appreciated.

Thanks

I like them both but enjoy riding the yz250 more because of its weight and corning. But the traction of a 450 is amazing! And IMO I wouldn't trust buying a used 4 stroke cause u really don't know what abuse it really had and yz250 will be easy to freshen up the motor.:thumbsup:

+1 on the YZ for cost and reliability. For pure MX the 450 will have the edge...

its a tough decision and the way i look at it is if you can handle the little extra weight of a 4 stroke then go for it. if you want lighter go 2 stroke but i will tell you the power of a 4 stroke is amazing

Ask the seller to show some sort of proof the 450 only has 12hrs on it. Anyone can claim whatever they want to, but that means absolutely nothing!

The YZ450's have been really solid machines though, so if it's super clean and the seller can convince you of the claimed hours, then I'd not be concerned about it. The 250 is what it is, most people seem to really like them for harescrambles and trail riding but not as much for MX. I guess it depends on what you're going to be doing more of, prices for both are good!