Sign in to follow this  

won't idle ***

It started right up and went for a short ride. After about 10 minute of running great. I pulled the clutch in and turned left. The moto died and a bitch to start. then it would not idle just dies and become very hard to start again... I ran it around for a while, it runs fine... then stopped again and still not idle. clogged pilot jet ?

Sounds like the pilot jet to me.

Just got finished two days ago pulling the carb and cleaning the pilot jet.

Fixed my idle problem.

Has your bike been sitting around for a few weeks or months? If so, that will do it to the pilot jet.

well, seeing you are a cali bike owner........

get gas recently? your symtoms equal a tank venting issue.

read up on charcoal cannister removal..

No vacuum petcock or charcoal filter stuff. I pulled the clutch in, while turning left and let the idle come down and it just died. I think it must have gotten something in the PJ, it ran fine for about 10 minutes. Once I get it started it runs on top, just won't idle....

Kinda glad I did not go to track yesterday... would have been pissed to drive so far, to break in 10 min.

Here is an update... Went to pull the carb and clean the pilot jet. I thought what the hell start it or atleast try and start it... Started right up and idled like normal. Idled for a while, then went for a 15min ride... every stop it idled perfect. So my DRZ fixed itself.