Sign in to follow this  

If anyone is contemplating getting aftermarket suspension read this

Please get it.

I finally got the bike back after it was serviced ( The tech did everything to it), cost about $630.00 and was worth every single penny.

I couldnt believe how much easier it was to ride,

How much faster I got around the corners and everywhere in general.

It was kind of like that scared/exciting feeling I got around every corner, I just could not believe the speed I pick up all due to the suspension.

It was by far one of the greatest mods Ive done to my bike.

• Like 1

It was by far one of the greatest mods Ive done to my bike.

WHAAAT!?! Better than getting a $630.00 pipe that only makes your bike louder!?!

haha! Just kidding! :ride:

Another "ah-ha!" moment - gotta love it! Good for you, Danny! Glad your suspension is working well.

:thumbsup:

wait, full exhaust systems dont improve the bikes performance significantly ??

I got a white bro's pipe s/o and it made a big difference on my bike, 05 rmz450

the point is that most people can't even ride the bikes fast enough in stock form to need exhaust or any other power upgrades. So suspension is the first modification anybody should get.

Heck, most people cant even ride a 125 to its full capabilities in stock form

I must agree here. I just got my ktm 450 suspension back from factory connection and it's an absolute dream. Hits that I would make my butt pucker are now soaked up and no problem at all. bike feels planted to the ground, and confidence is higher than ever. cost me $1500 because my shock was super jacked up, but it was worth every penny.

I agree as well, my CR250 was super unpredictable and I thought I just sucked until I rode another bike that was setup. I then made the leap and got mine hooked up and my only complaint is that I didn't get it done much sooner. I've read it everywhere but just didn't think that I was fast enough to notice a difference. Wrong! Should be the first mod performance wise!

ugh wish I would have sent mine off this winter instead of spending money on new plastics, graphics, and other stupid stuff.

Man oh man...no kidding on suspension mod returns as they apply to off road enjoyment and performance. Even the relatively aged fork and shock on my '06 KLX250 were transformed with Race Tech kits in both front and rear. Once the proper spring rates and valving were installed in my stock units, I was able to ride our local, rocky, ledgy terrain in a totally relaxed and efficient way as never before. I did the work myself, and that was a pleasant and satisfying experience in itself. I've always known the importance of suspension as balanced against engine/power mods to an off road vehicle, but even then it was somewhat eye-opening in how much better a dirt bike can be with the right stuff in the boingers.

I had my suspension done(race tech)and really did not notice a big difference until i raced and then i could not believe how much of a beating i took with the stock stuff.I tell everybody that wants to go faster not to mess with engine upgrades(on 450s)but to get there suspension done right and once you get it done to tweek and find that sweet all around handling spot,freaking a jay!!

Good suspension is always a plus. Sometimes just a spring change is all you need. Definately worth it.