Sign in to follow this  

powerbomb or megabomb?

I found a good deal on both headers. A few questions

1. If i just get the header, will it fit on my stock midpipe/silencer

2. Which one is the better overall pipe. I think i want more top end but what are the pros and cons of each header?

Thanks, Mike

by the way, bike is an 07, completely stock, race mx

i have the megabomb and love it. gave me some bottom end, and up top. i would say the only drawback is that its only offered in ti, and it sticks out a bit

i have the megabomb and love it. gave me some bottom end, and up top. i would say the only drawback is that its only offered in ti, and it sticks out a bit

They offer it in stainless steel now :thumbsup:

I have a Ti PowerBomb header and a Factory 4.1 Carbon muffler with Ti mid-pipe.

The PowerBomb header is significantly larger in diameter than the stock header at the mid-pipe interface.

I used the FMF Factory 4.1 with the stock header for several months. FMF provides an adapter to reduce the diameter of the mid-pipe to fit the diameter of the stock header. I'm not sure it makes sense to buy a larger diameter header until you have bought a larger diameter muffler and mid-pipe, though.

dont the headers also use springs?

They do and that's why I sold my full FMF 4.1 Ti with megabomb and went to a full Yosh system.

I sealed the pipe(FMF) and remounted it once a week and at about the 1 hour mark of riding each time the header would be jiggling around and turns out the FMF support is crap so I took my money elsewhere.

I've had some good FMF pipes and the 4.1 had awesome results, but there new stuff is unreliable and they're support staff is trash (unless your a factory rider).

Just my $.02

dude, don't butt his yoshi that's friggin not right.

Haha. It might sound like i was being an ass but we are friends and ive been raggin on him to buy my yosh lol.

lol he said thay because you said but instead of buy :thumbsup: and thanks for the info everybody

i got the mega bomb and 4.1 silencer and noticed a good diffference low and top end. i just need to adjust my jet to get it dialed in. after the initial install i had a bog rolling in the throttle. i leaned out the fuel screw and that helped. just gotta get it dialed in

as far as springs holding it on, the header has teh spot for em. but i still used the stock hardware and have it bolted down. no issues