Sign in to follow this  

PC-5 mounting!

First off I would like to say that you Eddie for making my bike rip, took a trip south this weekend to sort everything out with the bikes and i would have to say, the PC-5 is one of the best mods i have ever done to a bike. Besides me being out of riding condition, the bike just flat out ripped and big difference between my race bike and the stock mapping on the other bike.

BUT, yes there is a but, I do not like the mounting, I know i saw on this message board once before about a guy making a custom bracket to mount a PC-5, I put two days of riding on the bike and the vercro it comes with just finally let go. Can any one direct me to that thread? or have pictures of their mounting jobs, OR have a better idea for mounting one of these things?

Thanks again!:thumbsup:

Everyone uses the velcro from Home Depot. It is the industrial strength one. Clean both sides (Plate and PC5) with contact cleaner, apply, rub it flat and good to go.

I have used the industrial velcro to hold up small BOSE speakers in corners were I did not want to drill a hole in the wall. Stuff is tough.

I havent had a problem yet with the velcro coming off. I have had mine for 9 months I guess. I always worry about having a crash where my number plate comes off. That could end up to be an expensive crash.

I mounted mine to the back side of the front number plate, but I did not use the supplied velcro, nothing personal to anyone but it's junk. I bought some 3m Industrial Velcro from Grainger and not only did it stick the first time, over 9 months of hard riding and power washing and it hasn't moved a bit. Used the same stuff on my hour meter directly to the frame with the same results. The stuff sticks together so well you could almost build a bike out of just 3m velcro! Power Commander needs to step up and start supplying their PCV's with better velcro (like 3m) it makes their product feel cheap when they skimp on such a small detail.

I had a problem with the supplied velcro but I tried some other 3m heavy duty stuff and now its holding.

The other day I was looking around on ebay at bikes and noticed one with the pc5 mounted in the bar pad. Heres the auction, look at the pics to see how he has it mounted. Pretty sweet idea.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-RM-Z-rmz-rm-motocross-Suzuki-RM-Z-450-2009-RMZ450_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cedd6c7f4QQitemZ330407790580QQptZUSQ5fmotorcycles

I actually wanted to mount it just to the left of the throttle body down on the frame, but I was concerned about vibration and more importantly ~ water protection. Does Power Commander make a water proof case that can be used for mounting as well? Sort of like the case that GoPro helmet cameras use, that would be cool.