Sign in to follow this  

2010 Kx250f or Rm-Z250?

I'm looking at getting a 2010 and I just wanted to know if anyone had any experiences with these bikes? I'm really lost on what I should get.

I just got done reading dirt rider and the kawi is a good dirtbike but they said that the only problem was the transmission. They said that under grunt going into corners it didnt want to shift as smoothly as the other dirtbikes but still with alot of power and runs great and with good suspension. They didnt have the rmz250 they said that they didnt release the bike soon enough were they couldnt test it but they rode it for a day and said that it was up thier with the kawi and honda. So it really jsut depends on what you you like the best.

1st year FI bike..... Hmmm, go with the Green Machine!

thats what I was thinking. I would let them take another year or two to get it right.

1st year FI bike..... Hmmm, go with the Green Machine!

Does the 450 FI not count?

thats what I was thinking. I would let them take another year or two to get it right.

efi has been run on street bikes (same system just smaller) for quite a while now and mx bikes in europe and japan have been testing the efi system for a few years now.. :thumbsup: all bugs are pretty much out by now if there were any

efi has been run on street bikes (same system just smaller) for quite a while now and mx bikes in europe and japan have been testing the efi system for a few years now.. :thumbsup: all bugs are pretty much out by now if there were any

Wow thanx now I'm back to were I started.:ride: This is what I was thinking, my friend has an 07 rm-z250 and I would try his, but would it be the same as riding a 2010?

both are pretty similar with the same good handling traits.. it will be close to riding his but imagine the motor having a really smooth clean pull

i just got the 2010 kx250f and the bike is awesome, i had an 06 kx and the motor on the 10 is so much stronger its really fast every where through the power band and it shifts way better than older models. hooks up really well and suspension felt good. i would go with the kawi but thats me.

i say go for the kawi, the rmz's fuel injection may be bit uncertait for the moment (i reffer to the jetting..a lot of people have complained that they're efi bike doesnt get propper injection)

i say go for the kawi, the rmz's fuel injection may be bit uncertait for the moment (i reffer to the jetting..a lot of people have complained that they're efi bike doesnt get propper injection)

the 450 hasnt really had issues yet, and the 250f hasnt been out long enough for people to come to a conclusion about it

HONDA!!!!!!

if not a honda get the kawi

ive been a die hard honda guy my whole life, but kawi is the nxt best

They are both awesome bikes. My top favorite two. At the moment I have never ridden a Kawi, but I own an 07 rmz250. It's an awesome bike. I love it, no issues. I've read reviews in this month magazines, and they said if the 2010 RMZ 250 was in the shootout, it would of gotten 1st. It's that good.

They are both awesome bikes. My top favorite two. At the moment I have never ridden a Kawi, but I own an 07 rmz250. It's an awesome bike. I love it, no issues. I've read reviews in this month magazines, and they said if the 2010 RMZ 250 was in the shootout, it would of gotten 1st. It's that good.

Don't pay much attention to the magazines except MXA...they are the only ones that tell it like it is. All riders are different. Some like a stable slower steering bike and like me I like a fast steering bike. That's why the Honda has always fit me best. Buy the one you want and that fits you because your the one that has to pay for it.

2010 CRF250R

2007 CRF250R

I really like the rmz250's color scheme with the black backgrounds, looks good. Cant go wrong with any of the 250f's

2010 YZ250F is were its at im came off a 2007 KX250F to a 20009 yz250 and just got a 2010 250F and it is by far the best handling bike i have ever rode.

actually, the 2010 rmz250s EFI is near perfect. it is kinda hard to start for some odd reason tho. it did gain about 4 hp over the 09 (supposedly) and about 5 or 6 pounds for the EFI. personally, id get a 09. i dont like EFI, its overrated. and whichever company doesnt have EFI on there bikes is the company im gonna be loyal to, lets hope KTM doesnt switch to efi!

anyways back on topic, basically, on a 250 its all about ergonomics. if it feels good to sit on, and puts u in a good position, you should get that bike. its all preference. personally, heres my list of favorite 250s: 1.) RMZ-250 2.) KTM 250SX-F 3.) YZ250F 4.)KX250F 5.) CRF250R (4 and 5 are close, i dont like how bulky the KX is, and i dont like the unreliabilitiy of the 250 and the vague front end)

hope that helped even tho i kinda jumped off topic everywhere