Sign in to follow this  

cr125 missing 1st gear

I found a great deal on a cr125 nothing wrong with it except "it needs 1st gear". Does that mean a shiftfork or what? I really want this bike. Is 1st gear really necessary? It runs good and everything. How hard a fix is this and how much $? Thanks

Run away, don't look back. Keep up your search for another one. "it needs 1st gear" is very vague, case would need opened to figure out what exactly is wrong. Run away, way too many bikes out there unless this one is almost free and your willing to put in the time/money to fix it.

if you get it for less then $200 your doing O.K. but you will put a good $300-500 in it(with labor) to fix it. then your setting on a $700 bike..for $700 bucks you can find another BETTER 125 for sale.

unless you want a learning experience on transmission work, find another bike.

good luck!

Now hold on a minute. He said it was a great deal. I mean it could be and 05 and give 200 for it and have 500 fixing it. Can you find a 05 cr125 for 700 because if you can let me know where.

well, now its not looking like such a good deal. It was a 2000 for $300. Ill pass on this one. Thanks for the advice

yeah If i lived in NC I would buy for 300. Get it fixed and resell it for 1300. That's what a 2000 125 goes for around here.