Sign in to follow this  

HELP asap

hey, i just owned a kawasaki kx250f, and now bought a 2004 yz125. I have no experience on a s stroke and how they should be run etc. i started it up and it seemed to easy to start. meaning barley any compression and theres a blog/almost flooding sounds when i kick start it expeccially if i give it a bit of gas.. it does start though. i then took it out after a qucik warm up and the bottom end is normal , mid end is amazing i love the qick power u get then after mid end and i get into the top end it just stays the same, i eventually had the bike wide open and nothing changed from mid end. it seems like it had very little top end. is this normal or a sign ii should change something? i love the 2 stroke though but im use to only 4 strokes and there much different.

thanks

david

Edited by kawiboy140

Not sure what you mean.... I have an 04 125 as well.

Once you are on the pipe the bike should pull hard all the way through the top, you won't really notice a change in the amount of power as you go from mid/top, but it should feel like it is still pulling. If not, I would say you might have some jetting issues, or a tired top end.

"On The Pipe" is a two stroke colloquialism. It means: in the powerband. Two stroke 125's don't have much power down low, gear selection is critical. If you do a 3rd gear roll on from about 10mph on your bike you'll know what I mean. The tone of the exhaust note changes, and the bike suddenly feels 1000x more powerful, when you are "on the pipe".

Just a quick note, opening the throttle when starting isn't a good idea. It opens the slide which bypasses the starting circuit of the carb.