Sign in to follow this  

trade my 2000 rm 250

Should i trade my rm for a 04 kx 250f, or a banshee, or i should just keep it?

I do alot of pit riding.

thanks

i would in no way shape or form trade your rm for that 04 kawasaki. those were some of the WORST motors. If you trade, start looking for a crate motor for it becaues its not if its when it will blow. you'll end up spending more then the bikes worth to get it running. i've ridden banshees as well but unless you really want a quad i'd just stick with your bike.

i would in no way shape or form trade your rm for that 04 kawasaki. those were some of the WORST motors. If you trade, start looking for a crate motor for it becaues its not if its when it will blow. you'll end up spending more then the bikes worth to get it running. i've ridden banshees as well but unless you really want a quad i'd just stick with your bike.

+1

Because of the age of that 250f, it's way past due for a complete rebuild. And if my memory serves me correctly the Kawazuki 250f's (Kawasaki had it in '04 & '05, Suzuki had the same bike for '04, '05 & '06 thus the nick name "Kawazuki), it had over heating problems, it had a weak clutch (sourced from a KX125) and you had to pull the water pump cover to replace the oil filter.

Pro-Circuit made a ton of money off of selling a water pump housing that made it possible to change the oil filter without pulling the water pump. Lot's of other companies made some cash off of selling a high performance coolant, larger radiators and even cylinders with larger water jackets (remember the "Ice Cube" cylinders?).

Anyways, your 250 already has way more power than that model 250f ~ stock, and it's about 15 pounds lighter. Personally, I would just rebuild the top end as well as repack the silencer. If you had some extra cash then get a nice FMF Fatty if you want more power all the way through, or a FMF Gnarly ~ that should help off the bottom and well into the mid-range.

New tires and rebuilding the suspension will do wonders, and using a set of stock replacemet or Acerbis radiator shrouds off of a '96 to '98 RM250 will give it a more modern look. Mostly because they are not as huge as the '99 and 2000 shrouds.

Seriously, put some cash into your 2000 and you will have a bike that's way better than that 250f.

Getting a Quad will require that you ride in different ways and in different places, so I really cannot comment on that.

Banshees are pretty bad ass...

Very true, I always wanted to get a Banshee engine and dump it into a modern street bike chassis. But I would only own a Banshee if I already had a couple of dirt bikes as Quads can never stick with a dirt bike in the trails around me.

Why would you want to trade more power for less power and more maintenace?